Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to plan a project for my 95 civic i want to put a turbo on it but im new to the Honda stuff any ideas

·
Registered
EK Sedan
347 Posts
You should put a GTX4082 on a sidewinder manifold, with 4" vband intercooler piping, connected to an All in Fabrication intake manifold, feeding a K20R head fully built, sitting on a K24 built block. I think you could run it on stock injectors and ECU as long as you run an FMU and missing link.. pretty sure.

Welcome to DSO, start reading, and be prepared to get flamed for this thread.
Needs to be moved to Noob section lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should put a GTX4082 on a sidewinder manifold, with 4" vband intercooler piping, connected to an All in Fabrication intake manifold, feeding a K20R head fully built, sitting on a K24 built block. I think you could run it on stock injectors and ECU as long as you run an FMU and missing link.. pretty sure.

Welcome to DSO, start reading, and be prepared to get flamed for this thread.
Needs to be moved to Noob section lol
that may sound all good but i am trying to keep what motors came factory in the car in it thus me wanting to build my d15
right now I'm on a low budget but i would like to make close to 175 or so and not get over like 7lbs of boost and i also want to keep some mileage like 30 hwy but idk if that's possible I'm new to modding Honda's :yinyang:

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
that may sound all good but i am trying to keep what motors came factory in the car in it thus me wanting to build my d15
right now I'm on a low budget but i would like to make close to 175 or so and not get over like 7lbs of boost and i also want to keep some mileage like 30 hwy but idk if that's possible I'm new to modding Honda's :yinyang:
Well the hp is doable without doing any motor work..
Still need a budget number $$$$$.
Please do some more reading as psi doesnt mean anything. Once you learn that your be on a better track.
30mpg is easy. I get that now. The key to mpg with a turbo and to now be in full boost every moment of your drive. In other words dont drive like and ass and you should get the same mpg as you did before.
Now a great tune will net you more mpg like 40-50 depending on the tune.

Will all that said you can check out my build for some information. There is a parts list on the first page and some good pix on the last few pages.

But since im a lil bored ill help you get started on your build.

You have a 95 d15 so thats an obd1 p06 ecu.
Have it chipped and put a base map on it for turbo with bigger injectors.
Buy bigger injectors. DSM 450cc, RC 440, or if you wanna spend alil more RDX 410cc.

Get a cast iron manifold from ebay. Are you trying to keep ac??
Then start looking for a turbo. A t25 will make the car fun. spools up fast and will meet your goal.

SO a recap.
Buy injectors. 410cc-450cc $60-$250 (use/new)
Chip ecu $25-$60 (depends on the person )
GEt a wideband gauge even if your not tuning it yourself. $160-200
Manifold $60-80
Intercooler kit $250
Bov $50-80(some kits dont come with them)
Turbo $150-300 (again depends on what kind and if its new or used)
Oil/coolant lines $60-80
Downpipe ($60-80 if you can fab or just modify and ebay one).

So around $875 on the low side. Sounds like something you can do?
Aslo ruff prices and parts list.

Have fun...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the hp is doable without doing any motor work..
Still need a budget number $$$$$.
Please do some more reading as psi doesnt mean anything. Once you learn that your be on a better track.
30mpg is easy. I get that now. The key to mpg with a turbo and to now be in full boost every moment of your drive. In other words dont drive like and ass and you should get the same mpg as you did before.
Now a great tune will net you more mpg like 40-50 depending on the tune.

Will all that said you can check out my build for some information. There is a parts list on the first page and some good pix on the last few pages.

But since im a lil bored ill help you get started on your build.

You have a 95 d15 so thats an obd1 p06 ecu.
Have it chipped and put a base map on it for turbo with bigger injectors.
Buy bigger injectors. DSM 450cc, RC 440, or if you wanna spend alil more RDX 410cc.

Get a cast iron manifold from ebay. Are you trying to keep ac??
Then start looking for a turbo. A t25 will make the car fun. spools up fast and will meet your goal.

SO a recap.
Buy injectors. 410cc-450cc $60-$250 (use/new)
Chip ecu $25-$60 (depends on the person )
GEt a wideband gauge even if your not tuning it yourself. $160-200
Manifold $60-80
Intercooler kit $250
Bov $50-80(some kits dont come with them)
Turbo $150-300 (again depends on what kind and if its new or used)
Oil/coolant lines $60-80
Downpipe ($60-80 if you can fab or just modify and ebay one).

So around $875 on the low side. Sounds like something you can do?
Aslo ruff prices and parts list.

Have fun...
thank you for the advice i know the psi doesn't mean anything im just going off what a shop said out here that with my stock internals and 286k miles i shouldn't go over 7lbs or so and with some saving the price sounds like i could do it i also work at a auto parts store so i should get some of the parts cheaper
thank you :bigok:

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
thank you for the advice i know the psi doesn't mean anything im just going off what a shop said out here that with my stock internals and 286k miles i shouldn't go over 7lbs or so and with some saving the price sounds like i could do it i also work at a auto parts store so i should get some of the parts cheaper
thank you :bigok:
With the high mileage make sure the motor is good before boosting. YOu could just tear her apart and check the specs on ever and replace the main parts. piston rings, oil pump etc...

Also you wont be finding tubro parts from your auto store.

And i wouldnt go to that shop any more if they are just going off of psi. Now the stock map senor can only read up to 10psi like a gauge. After that you need a bigger map senor 2bar 3bar etc..

And your welcome on the information. Just do some looking around here and your find alot more.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
they are not just going off of psi but he just wouldn't recommend more than 7
I think the bottom end of my motor is sound but I'm not sure about the top end it has a new head gasket water pump and timing belt im getting a bad valve tick from it and the place i took it to when i got the pump and belt done said they adjusted it but the sound didn't chance they said it was because the stem seals are leaking a bit and that was why it didn't change but i don't burn oil or leak it so dose that sound like they lied to me on that

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
they are not just going off of psi but he just wouldn't recommend more than 7
I think the bottom end of my motor is sound but I'm not sure about the top end it has a new head gasket water pump and timing belt im getting a bad valve tick from it and the place i took it to when i got the pump and belt done said they adjusted it but the sound didn't chance they said it was because the stem seals are leaking a bit and that was why it didn't change but i don't burn oil or leak it so dose that sound like they lied to me on that
Replace all that first. And see thats the thing 10psi from a small turbo can be the same as 1psi from a big.tirbo. So there very.dumb.saying 7 is the max they would run.

Also ac is tight. You need a slim fan and cast manifold , 2.5 downpipe to clear without problems.

also forgot that you need a tune which will cost $200-$500. Yes it will cost almost the price of parts.
Now you could save up n dumb like $3k for a premade kit.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ya i found another shop that dose civics where i live i think i will take it to them to do a light over haul on the motor then do the turbo or wait and just have them drop in a d16 vtec they said they could get one for 800 installed then do a turbo later do u think that would be a good idea

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Paying a shop that much to swap an engine in is like paying some guy to screw your significant other. Do it yourself or get screwed. For $800, you could buy another engine find pistons and rods for it, have the block bored out and slap it all together, pretty much ready for over 400HP, as long as you get the rest of what is needed. Not doing it yourself is crazy expensive.

Just my take on things.

Oh, and don't boost a D15 without rods. I think every person I know of who has done that has eventually blown the engine at relatively lower power levels. The rods are the weak point of that engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i would do it my self but one i have never timed a honda and i dont have a shop i live in a apartment but thank you for the advice on the rods i had a freind with a d16 turboed and he pushed 13lbs on factory internals after i told him to lower the compression but insted added injectors and it hit 20lbs and destroyed his motor he had a hole in the cly walls and bent rods and one had a hole in the piston

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
i found this on the website for the auto part store i work at
Edelbrock Performer 1502 - Turbocharger Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Yea buy that and call it a day.
Or build it yourself save money and learn what ever part does and get your hands drity.
The d15 rodscan hold power you tq line will play a big part in lasting.
You friend is just dumb. 20 psi on a small t25 will push the car pass 200hp which is around what those rods can hold. Now if he was running a mid size t3 then hes in the 290hp range. That like 160hp over stock on stock parts. He was asking for it.

And yea shops will rip you off. I drop motors in for $200 up n running in/out in 5hrs by myself. Thats taking my time.

So you can learn and save. Or pay the price and hope they did it right.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts