Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey dont know if this has been posted yet but I have a d15b engine in my 4dr 2004 honda civic. its a right hand drive vehicle. I want more speed ok i want a lot of speed but dont know if it is best to just change the engine or strap on a turbo. but i wud want to have an engine foundation before boosting the car does anyone have any ideas or have the perfect set, parts. help me please

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
hey dont know if this has been posted yet but I have a d15b engine in my 4dr 2004 honda civic. its a right hand drive vehicle. I want more speed ok i want a lot of speed but dont know if it is best to just change the engine or strap on a turbo. but i wud want to have an engine foundation before boosting the car does anyone have any ideas or have the perfect set, parts. help me please
Flux capacitator should be your first mod!

Then the search engine, its been covered a 2283757538588312 times. You can help your'self first before you ask.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
5 speed manual tranny.
i dont want a track car just a fast street car or just fun

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the reason why im asking is because the older d15b and the one i have is different i dont know if the same parts can work

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well to tell you the truth i dont know thats how I bought the car i heard its a es

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you want fit, then the K-series is the way to go. The B-series engines are alot of work to retrofit in 2001 and newer hondas. The K20's are a little more expensive around 4500 for the motor and tranny, plus you will need axles, ECU, shift linkages, and motor mounts. So a complete swap not counting labor is about $6,500

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
^ not wat he is lookin for

you need to give us as much info as possible about your car, then your goals and budget

·
Registered
94 civic, 90 talon
1,943 Posts
telling us u have a 5 speed trans is nothing is it a ex dx lx ect ect

and tranny upgrade is where i would start
^ not wat he is lookin for

you need to give us as much info as possible about your car, then your goals and budget
This is basically the second time this was asked. If you want to keep your stock engine, the cheapest and most easy way to go fast is turbo or nitrous if your a baller haha. An engine swap would cost probably almost as much as a swap and will net you a lower hp, but something different to mess around with. See what I'm trying to get at? lol

wtf is a flux capacitor
Its from a movie, nothing that you can put in your car lol.

·
Registered
92 honda civic lx
107 Posts
dude, start with the sticky stuff then move onto the greasy stuff

1 - 15 of 15 Posts