Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im a noob to d-series but not to hondas. I have a d15 bock rebuilt with a z6 vtec head with a chipped p28. I have done three civic engines but never done a turbo.

my idea is to get a t3 or t4 turbo kit. now I know the d15 rods are like pencils but would I be ok to run 7lbs of boost if tuned properly?

I don't want to burn it up or spin a bearing either

any advice would be great thanks alot.

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Seems like you need to do some homework before you set off on your project.

Ill give you a quick run down.

Psi doesnt break motors tq does.
d15b7 rods are normally good for around 180hp/170tq
The number in a turbo doesnt always say how big it is. meaning a t2 isnt always smaller then a t3 etc... but it kinda goes like this. A big t2 can be the same size as a small t3 same with t4.
Imo for stock block t4 is to big.

Also you need a power goal and budget before you can even get started.
Then is it street or drag?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Can't wait to see you get started on your project I'm almost don't with mines it's in my sig check it out if you'd like I was the same way I built so many ITR's N/A but never turbo besides owned turbo cars that came stock with turbo so had some turbo knowledge but not on a Honda way different than a turbo German cars but good luck youll have fun with your build.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had a few questions myself about adding a turbo. i have the same engine, and dont get me wrong their quick enough to get to where u want to get to, but more power would be bomb.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, well i suppose i will do some more research before i put a turbo on. what other things could i do to get more power?
--i already have a cold air intake' who doesnt lol
--also i know an ex tranny would help as mine is dx

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
ok, well i suppose i will do some more research before i put a turbo on. what other things could i do to get more power?
--i already have a cold air intake' who doesnt lol
--also i know an ex tranny would help as mine is dx
Not always about what u cam do vs price. Its cheaper to boost.
You can port and polish the head. Mil the head and change pistons to up the compression.
Get a cam and run lager valves. Then tune it.
But it will cost more then a turbo kit and your be at less hp.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts