Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 dx hatch. I am ordering my d15b and tranny from hmotorsonline tomorrow. I have been reading other threads and found that I need a new ECU. The d15 is 3 stage vtec. Will the P08 work? How about wiring harnesses? do I need additional wires? will my ecu work until I get the p08? Also what kind of tool do I need to get the shift rod spring pin out? ANd finally will my AC bracket bolt to my new engine? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
if you really have the 3-stage, the p08 won't work. I don't know the code but you want the obd2 version.

If you have the 2-stage d15b (like me), then yeah, you need a p08. A p28 will work but the fuel curves will be off a little unless you chip it. If you're good with soldering and electronics, then ANY ecu would work. :) I use an integra LS ecu (pr4).

You're lucky, the 92 has vtec wiring that goes to a point just below your fuse box. You need to find the two wires (vtec solenoid and oil pressure) and wire then to the appropriate places on your new engine. There is a 3rd wire from the oil pressure sensor that goes to a ground somewhere.

For the pin, any cylinder that is the exact size of the hole will get it out. Just need to hammer at it. The AC bracket should come with the engine. Otherwise, your old one will fit just fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts