Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ive been thinking.. allthough it would be a bit of money to get a d15's main bearings bored out 3mm to match the d16's main size that way you could use a d16 crank.

This might be a good idea since d15 blocks are every-fucking-where.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
or you could turn down a d16 crank... its been done here within the last few months actually.

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
id stay away from turn down cranks... and it would be quite expensive to bore on the mains

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
ORLY?

:popcorn:

^I just like having an excuse to use that emotiocon.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
ORLY?

:popcorn:

^I just like having an excuse to use that emotiocon.
lol, j your a fucking nut job..

honestly, why would you waste all that time. just find a jdm d15b crank. i mean geez, there are no less then 3 on the site being sold right now! i'll put money on them being a cheaper end then turning a crank or boring the mains..

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Well, the issue with making a statement like that is it shows how ignorant you are of Bone's influences. He does go out an meet people, probably more than the hairy-palmers that have been hanging around here lately. This was actually brought up in another forum. As I stated there, Bone doesn't know everybody, but he probably knows 95% of the ones that actually matter.

To the OP:
Sourcing a D15B crank would probably be a better idea. Turning down a crank, unless it is going to get re-hardened, is not that great an idea.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, the issue with making a statement like that is it shows how ignorant you are of Bone's influences. He does go out an meet people, probably more than the hairy-palmers that have been hanging around here lately. This was actually brought up in another forum. As I stated there, Bone doesn't know everybody, but he probably knows 95% of the ones that actually matter.

To the OP:
Sourcing a D15B crank would probably be a better idea. Turning down a crank, unless it is going to get re-hardened, is not that great an idea.
i was just throwing it out there. What if you used a d16 girdle, and put undersized bearings in the block? would that make up enough difference?

·
Registered
CRX
252 Posts
You do realize the deck height is lower on the d15 right? Combined with the longer stroke of your theoretical rigged D16 crank means your pistons are going to be WAY above the deck...

:trysearch:
Like Bone said this has been discussed once or fifty million times before

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Taking up that much slack with inthe girdle is possible, but would probably cost more in machining labor to make it work without worrying about spinning bearings.

The D15B allows you to run D16 rods in a D15 block. This would be a devestatingly awesome combo with zero-decked PMS pistons. The PMS pistons have the lower compression height like the D17 pistons, so they will sit ~.75mm below the deck. That will yeild almost exactly 12:1SCR with an .030 gasket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts