Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was trying to fond the answer to this but i came up short searching, so i figured id ask here. Forgive me if this is a well known fact and i just missed it.

How far can you deck a d15 block? I ask this because id like to build an engine with p29's and ive read all over they sit too low in the bore. .030 is the number ive seen posted. What would be the problem with taking the block down .020 or so to help this situation out? Im going to plug some numbers into the comp. Calculator to see if thats enough for whati want.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like d15 block and crank with d15 rods, z6 head, y8 head gasket, and .030 total from deck n head with p29's gets me 11.39:1. Little high for what id like, which is 10 ish for 89 octane.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
So i was trying to fond the answer to this but i came up short searching, so i figured id ask here. Forgive me if this is a well known fact and i just missed it.

How far can you deck a d15 block? I ask this because id like to build an engine with p29's and ive read all over they sit too low in the bore. .030 is the number ive seen posted. What would be the problem with taking the block down .020 or so to help this situation out? Im going to plug some numbers into the comp. Calculator to see if thats enough for whati want.
Depends upon the pistons you buy the new NPR p29's have the piston pin set lower .040 thou making them sit up in the bores higher make sure you measure everything before you deck the block.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Looks like d15 block and crank with d15 rods, z6 head, y8 head gasket, and .030 total from deck n head with p29's gets me 11.39:1. Little high for what id like, which is 10 ish for 89 octane.
if your looking for 10.?:1 compression with a d15 bottom end and z6 head then use a z6 head gasket and just put it together no milling required that setup in stock form is around 10.5;1 give or take a few tenths

·
Registered
129 Posts
Decking the D15B2/7 block you will have issues with the water pump gasket. Also you will need either a shorter timing belt or a bigger water pump pulley. I sugest you dont mill were the water pump housing is so you dont have problems with it´s gasket.
no i took .08 off my b2 and my gaskett fitts just fine and i use a stock hg and timin belt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts