Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im still kind of new to the d searies. my ? is. how mutch power can u get out of a d15 turbo with a stock crank,Vitara pistons, Custom length FJT I-beam rods, block guard and a y8 head.

thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I vote for high 400's whp with a street able power band, these things will be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks wiledwhitecivic thats what im hopeing to hear. i know that the d16 is the one to build but im haveing a hard time comeing up with a crank. and i have a few of the 1.5 motors just laying around. anyone else?

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I'm guessing about 0whp with the d16 or jdm d15 rods in a usdm d15 :p

We are still waiting foir the usdm d15 rods :(
Can't use the JDM D15 rods in a USDM D15 w/o using the JDM D15b crank.

OP I assume you are talking about a JDM D15b because rods for the USDM D15 are $700+

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks. over looked that they were for jdm. quess im still on the hunt for a d16.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cool, I wish fjt could work these out all ready. In the mean time my buddy and I are building a budget 10:1 d15b2 for a national guard member with a single layer, diy ported pm3 a6 head, a6 cam, y8 itm, b16 throttle body, I/H/E, cam gear, crome p06 ecu, but with the stock rods and pistons cryo treated so they can supposedly handle 80-100 horse power more than stock so the guy can boost it to 250 whp down the road. And we need to get the stock head bolts cryo treated as well.

Yah it's too bad the d16s are becoming rare in junk yards now, 96ej, do you have junk yards with d16's in your area or have you thought about having one shipped from other members on hear?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts