Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap a y7 head on my d15b1 and I was wondering if I would need to change the timing belt or anything else for this swap, thanx

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone have experience with this swap? I've searched and can't find a definitive answer

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
y7 head=y8 head in terms of cam position

your b1 block=d15b2 and d15b7 blocks

THOUSANDS of d15b7/d16y8 head swap threads

search

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
give a man a fish, he eats for a day

TEACH him to fish, he eats for a lifetime

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if u dont know any info stop flooding the dam threads bs cryn sayn search search search search, obviously i cant find any info. stop being post whores. dam im tired of this site

·
Registered
349 Posts
lawl, I mean it sucks for the OP, but if you hang out here for more than a few hours you'll realize it's loaded with great info, but you don't get anything for free, if you can't be bothered to search, they sure as hell won't give it to you.
I haven't been here too long, but I caught on to that much

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
use the b1 timing belt,use the y7 dizzy
might need an adjustable cam gear & run 4.5* -
I am in the middle of doing the build pain the ass but I think I have found the the solution to the problem the timing belt will need to be changed to the belt from a d15z1 which is a euro Honda and the do not make those belts in the states but I was lucky to find this info through a parts store where I live and bought through Napa and it was the only one in the states that I know of this motor is not in the states and my build is a d15 b1 block with a y7 head and the comes from ab15z1 that should fit the right specs I have going on running stock everything

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.