Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Hi how did it turn out? I have a turbo d16z6 (442hp 316tq 22 psi) that I want to get SRT4 head studs put in with the same kit. Are you pushing any coolant after the install.
I have no issues with pushing coolant. I'm not saying the head 100% never lifted but I'm happy with the studs and ns300l inserts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have no issues with pushing coolant. I'm not saying the head 100% never lifted but I'm happy with the studs and ns300l inserts.
By the way the ns300l inserts come with everything needed? Did you have to get any other drill bits or tools etc to complete the job?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Cometic was the one that failed as well 2 weeks after the dyno session. The fire rings were cracked:

View attachment 137313

I went to a JE proseal with a stopper layer for extra clamp around the combustion chamber, and pulled timing like crazy, then beat on the car for almost a month still expecting it to start pushing coolant at some point.

It never did, so I turned the boost up another 2 PSI to make up for some of that pulled timing, and it's almost right back to where the car was on the dyno, not as spicy as it was, but from 3 grand and up I cant tell the difference. Still fast AF lol.
Are you running a d16z6? Where did you get the JE pro seal with the stopper layer?

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Are you running a d16z6? Where did you get the JE pro seal with the stopper layer?
Running a Y8. Found them on ebay, didn't know if I was going to blow another one so I bought 3.

Can't remember the part number, but look near the end of my build thread, I have a pic holding the Pro Seal gasket and the part number label should be visible.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Running a Y8. Found them on ebay, didn't know if I was going to blow another one so I bought 3.

Can't remember the part number, but look near the end of my build thread, I have a pic holding the Pro Seal gasket and the part number label should be visible.
Ok great thanks

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,588 Posts
If the D series block hole was like 1/2-3/4" deeper (can't do this without risking puncturing through to the crankcase), and the head was thicker like their B series brother, this whole thing would be a non issue, there would be plenty of depth and length everywhere to fully utilize the entire length of the stud.
I guess the answer is not..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am doing this job on a z6 engine with the NS300L kit and I'm almost done. It was a real bummer to find out the head bolts had really tore up the threads after I spent the time and money on a CSS block. So I figured I would go 11mm if I'm taking the time to do inserts

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I am doing this job on a z6 engine with the NS300L kit and I'm almost done. It was a real bummer to find out the head bolts had really tore up the threads after I spent the time and money on a CSS block. So I figured I would go 11mm if I'm taking the time to do inserts
That's the gamble with CSS, its a one shot deal and you hope there are no issues with block threads haha.

I was in pretty much the same boat, glad I did it though. Hope the 300L's work good for you! They look beefy.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts