Honda D Series Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yo, hope all my dudes are doing fine :D
The switch to an OBD1 ECU is best to achieve maximum tunability, so I got myself an OBD1 ECU with the Hondata S300 V3 installed from Burton Racing. They seem like a pretty legit company and the price for the whole thing wasn't half bad, considering it is being shipped internationally.

Also, finally my turbo manifold has just arrived and it seems like it is going to fit the engine very nicely. It does have a tiny amount of damage on the wastegate flange but I dont think it should be a problem, Ill send some pics of the actual manifold.

Now this is my main question, I have made some research and am familiar with the A/R meaning for a turbo. Since im going to be running a T3, what would you recommend my A/R to be around if im looking for mid range power around 3-6k rpm?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi, so I decided to go with .57 AR T3 turbo as it is perfect for the small horsepower goals im aiming for with this engine for now :)

I forgot to purchase one crucial part...a boost controller and a wastegate

Dont know what brand to go for when looking at wastegates yet, will look into it later, though should i go with a name brand or a chinese one? Lol

Though I made some research on electronic boost controllers and apparently there are 3 and 4 port ones.From what ive seen, there is a lot of debate on which to go for. Also is the hondata boost controller the only one compatible with the s300 or can i use a different brand?

Appreciate the help!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts