Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there my name is ben and i come from kent in england... i am currently working on a d16z6 engine transplant and i need some help as to what wiring loom to use for my conversion.. i currently have a d14a4 and looking to put a d16z6 in.. the parts that i have ready is a complete block and head, intake manifold and gearbox.. i have a p28 ecu. all i need to finish is a wiring loom and injectors.. i have been told that i need to get an interior loom as well.. is this true.. or can i just use my standard loom and run individual wires for the vtec.. the engine has been built for a turbo build if this makes any difference i am not sure... any help on tis matter will be extremely appreciated.. cheers.
Ben.

·
Registered
682 Posts
You need to convert your current engine harness to obd1.You can't use a conversion harnes.
D14a4/A3 has something in between obd2a-b .It's actually SFI (simplefied fuel injection) and it uses 2 x2 injectors.You can easly convert your current harness to obd1 just follow Dodo Bizars guide line .I'm allready doing my 2nd conversion on a D14a4 works perfect.Btw your current injectors clips are obd2 d16z6 uses obd1 injector clips ,so you'll need to switch those or get 240cc obd2 injectors from a Y8 engine.

Dodo Upgrades

1 - 3 of 3 Posts