Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a problem with my D14A4, its running real lean at the moment, the idle can be rough at timesas its not getting enough gas i suspect and stalls occasionally. This is since i replaced the old rusted out header with a 4-2-1 strainless steel one. There is also a K&N cold air feed although i suspect it may be a low backpressure issue.

Is there a way I can richen her up easily? Like jamming a resistor acros the map sensor or something? ta!

·
Registered
172 Posts
there are a lot of things to check out first!
I suspect it is an o2 sensor issue. Where did you locate the o2 sensor after you installed the header? If you placed it further that stock then this is your problem. d14a3/4 don't have a heated 3 wire o2 sensor so if it is in another location than stock it can't maintain it's working temperature.
If you have located the o2 sensor in the same spot then it's something else.
However i don't think you would run lean with just a header. Stock a/f ratio is way too rich to run too lean with intake/ exhaust

In any case check the a/f ratio using a wideband or in the worst case a narrowband just to be sure.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im affraid to say im a bit of a noob, how do i check the AF ratio? havnt swapped the ecu yet, whats a wideband? :confused:

O2 sensor is on the header :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
im affraid to say im a bit of a noob, how do i check the AF ratio? havnt swapped the ecu yet, whats a wideband? :confused:

O2 sensor is on the header :)
Well. First of all, did you install the o2 sensor on the same spot like stock? If yes forget what i said before.
Now if you want to check you air fuel ratio you have to use a special 02 sensor for this reason. The most precise one is a wideband o2 sensor( find someone who has one) or get a gadget that reads the stock narrowband o2 sensor which is on your car. This would be a rough estimate about your air fuel ratio but at least you will be able to see if you run too lean.

But my guess is that your air fuel ratio is good with these mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts