Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Iam planning to do a mini me swap with my D14A4 non vtec engine to have a D16Y8 head with vtec.
I have tried searching already and couldn't find any posts about doing this so wondered if anybody has done it and what are the results like?

Also I woudn't mind anyone who can give me some tips and pointers to make this swap go smoothly and easily as I have never done this sort of thing before.

Thanks, Owen

·
Registered
Civic
682 Posts
Hi, Iam planning to do a mini me swap with my D14A4 non vtec engine to have a D16Y8 head with vtec.
I have tried searching already and couldn't find any posts about doing this so wondered if anybody has done it and what are the results like?

Also I woudn't mind anyone who can give me some tips and pointers to make this swap go smoothly and easily as I have never done this sort of thing before.

Thanks, Owen

http://www.dodo-upgrades.nl/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, great help.
doesn't seem like much to gain just by swapping the head so I might try and get the
D16Z6 I have lying in the garage chucked in, then see what I have to play with.

·
Registered
Civic
682 Posts
Thanks man, great help.
doesn't seem like much to gain just by swapping the head so I might try and get the
D16Z6 I have lying in the garage chucked in, then see what I have to play with.

Not much...???:confused: From 90Chp stock to 135Chp with a vtec head that's 45Chp gain N/a .That's a LOT for this little engine.And you could gain more then that if you do it properly...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts