Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive been toying with 2 ideas for a while now, either going down the route of a b18 engine conversion or to stick with my d14 engine and put on a turbocharger.
im slowly swaying to the turbo idea as i see its being used alot in the us on d15s and d16s. would my d14 engine cope with a turbo, so far i have a full exhaust system, induction kit and soon a greddy emanage and fpr will go on. would i need to do anything else or could it cope with a low pressure (say 5psi of boost) turbo system?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
ive been toying with 2 ideas for a while now, either going down the route of a b18 engine conversion or to stick with my d14 engine and put on a turbocharger.
im slowly swaying to the turbo idea as i see its being used alot in the us on d15s and d16s. would my d14 engine cope with a turbo, so far i have a full exhaust system, induction kit and soon a greddy emanage and fpr will go on. would i need to do anything else or could it cope with a low pressure (say 5psi of boost) turbo system?
depending on what b18 your talking about, a turbo d14 @ 5 psi wont be any faster, but thats just my opinion. i dindt even know a d14 existed to be honest and i dont think there is a very large aftermarket selection for them becuase ive never seen anything advertised for them.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure if you have them in the us but the d14 is basically a 1.4 ek hatch, the parts on it are the same as a d15 or d16 non vtec engine so aftermarket parts for these should be usuable on the d14. really considering putting on a turbo and was just wondering if anybody knew if it could handle 1 or not, i think in theory it should as there isnt much difference in the d15 non vtec and the d14 and providing i run it on a low boost then gradually try upping it. also if any1 can help i have an emanage but need to get wiring diagrams for the standard ecu, have another post for this is anybody can help me out with that aswell. cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts