Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all...

my name is Adi and I wanted to know something...

I own a ek 1998 1.4(D14) hatch and I wanted to know what do I need to swap it to D16 engine , and if I can make a "minime" swap with this kind of engine (D14),

I think that this engine is not V-tech and I just don't know what can I do with it....

(I'm only interested with D series)
thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks man.. I saw that long time ago... but he still didn't take the EVO....:eek:)
I'm looking for an engine that I can open up and change internals with bolt ons...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Doesn't anyone has any experians with this isue?...
I really want to know what the pros has to say about this

·
Registered
639 Posts
!!!!!!VTEC!!!!!!!
spelt V - T - E - C!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi mate.

I got the same engine as you do :TU:

You can do the mini-me swap, yes.
I did ask for this myself, and found out that external parts are interchangable amongst the d-series. i.e you can fit the head, intakemanifold and such things to your d14.

Diablo_NL here has done just this, unfortunatly he hasn't been here in a long time :( Got some questions for him myself.
Anyway, his d14a4 made decent power with the d16z6 IM, along with I/H/E. And that turbo-d14 just kicks ass. search for D14 and his thread should pop up :D

But hey. I'd swap mine out for a z6 or B-series anyday of I could afford it

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi there! Mini me for sure!!!By swapping the head apart from the vtec this by itself will give more compression ratio, that is aprox 9,6-7 which is veyr good comparing to our 9,1.
Bear in mind that with a head swap, a decent 4-1 header, 50-55 cat back, another intake manif. and engine management obd-1 or piggyback you will get at around 140hp top. This will give you low 16s for 0-400 and above 9 for 0-100km. These are good numbers indeed!
No if you play with the transmission_shorter gear ratios_ these numbers will become significantly lower!

My d14a4 has reached at about 120hp with dc header 4-1, sebring cat, 50mm exhaust, Edelbrock intake manifold and fuel management using a vafc. The next step is mounting a sohc vtec head and hoping it will get at 140hp with proper ecu management.

Now if you don't care about the cost, you can go the turbo way!
Here in greece there are several d14 set ups with 150-60hps using a little turbo and pressure,_with stock internals_ but there are some extreme applications that hit easily 200-240 hps with big turbos pistons and so on.

have a look at this one with just a cai
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6vEaCB7oYw

·
Registered
14 Posts
poli; your exhaust. is it a custom one?

The only exhausts I can find usually is 55-60mm. But that is really really big. Too big :p

A 50mm would be good. So, what ya got buddy :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts