Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some advise on my mini me head swap, the swap is D13B4 stock block with D16Y8 head, I am using VAFC to activate the vtec with a stock non vtec ecu, it runs fine but ths issue is with comp ratio that I found it decreasing from 9.75:1 down to 8.5:1 this is bcoz the head chamber of D16y8 are bigger by 2cc which is 32.80cc to compare from the stock D13B4 head that is 30.80cc, what should I do to restore or add back the comp ratio as the low end feels like shit!high comp pistons or thin metal head gaskets?

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
1. Higher compression pistons
2. Mill the head
3. Thinner headgasket

All depends on how cheap you want to be.

·
Registered
140 Posts
1. Higher compression pistons
2. Mill the head
3. Thinner headgasket

All depends on how cheap you want to be.
I don't think that's going to get him back to 9.75. With p29's, a y8 mls, and .030 off the head he's still not into the 8's. According to the zeal at least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I decided to just throw this bloody d13b4 block n replace it with d16a7 block which I can get it for like $120, see if it makes a different on the CR

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yeah, that would be a better choice. I think you're the same guy I talked to on facebook about this. You said you had p08 pistons right? Well now you'll be approx 8.5:1. BUT, you could ditch those pistons for one of honda's other alternatives and get you pretty much whatever c/r you wanted, so long as the piston to valve/deck height is compatible. p29's will put you at 12.6:1. Not sure of the fuel quality where you're from though so that might not be wise on pump gas.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts