Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to everyone

I have 94 Honda Civic with 1.3 D13B2 engine, i have changed timing belt around 100k kilometers( now is on 110k) but the guy who done the belt didn't place it corectly and the engine worked roughly, i drove like that for 200-300 km before i fixed the timing belt issue, other guy placed it corectly but now i have another problem. I know my car very well, before i changed the belt i couldn't hear the engine at all, neither I was feeling any vibrations in the car, now however, the engine does not run smoothly in idle and my top speed is limited to lets say 140-150 kph( before it was going up to 200kph) i feel more vibrations through the shifter, steering wheel and windows. In this state which is now my engine it splited the fuel consumption lets say by 30 % less fuel and sometimes when it runs in idle it kind of misfires, i hear 3 same explosions but the fourth one is different. I want to ask you what is your opinion for my problem, and how does lambda sensor corrects the fuel-air ratio on this type of carb, is it by vacuum and how to check if it works properly? I checked the belt several times with different technicians and all of them said that my belt was aligned with the marks so it was not the belt.Today i opened the box where all vacuum hoses go and i found map sensor there, how this engine reads data from sensors and then gives command through actuators since it does not have OBD port to check any problems.

Thank you

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
968 Posts
It's possible that one of the vacuum lines have split which would cause your car to run rich (poor fuel economy, sluggish acceleration). Maybe someone who was working on the car has damaged one by accident.

I'd triple check the belt was aligned correctly though, that seems like the most obvious issue.

Is it single carb, or dual carb? What country is the car from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is in Europe, do you mean where it was made?
It is running lean as it appears according to the actual fuel economy
I do not know about the carb, any ideas how to check the hoses most efficient?

Thank you

·
Registered
93 dx + 92 lx
333 Posts
Dude where can I get me a d13??

Edit: Answer = CANADA!

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
underhood, a wild diagram appears. if its still there at least.

·
Registered
89 EF 4wd sedan
968 Posts
It is in Europe, do you mean where it was made?
What market it's sold in will dictate the emissions requirements, a lot the EGR and PCV systems for example will differ depending on the market.

It is running lean as it appears according to the actual fuel economy
Right, i misread that as being too rich in your first post. In order to be confident the timing is correct, you really should throw a timing light on there and confirm it's firing at the right time.

I do not know about the carb, any ideas how to check the hoses most efficient? Thank you
I've used a squirt bottle with water, and set the nozzle to mist. With the car running squirt it around the hoses and listen for a change in your idle speed. Apart from that, visual inspection for cracking/perishing rubber.

·
Registered
93 Civic HB SI
1,701 Posts
Did you perform a compression check against the service manual MIN-MAX values? You didn't mention how FAR off the timing belt was, but it might be possible the piston could have just barely dinged a few of the valves causing them to no longer seal correctly against the valve seat.

Verify base engine characteristics: compression, belt timing, valve lash adjustment, etc. then worry about ignition and induction issues. No amount of "tuning", by an ECU or an operator will fix these issues!

Let us know what you find!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts