Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 98 EK coupe, and it came with a D16B JDM motor swapped into it. It looks like they change the head gasket but they did it incorrectly. It leaks oil right under the distributor, from the head gasket.(Must be internal oil pump in the block.. i'm guessing..) So i'm going to re-do the head, and replace the gasket. I don't know if they torqued the bolts correctly or not. So im going to buy new bolts and replace those as well. My questions are:

1. Does anyone know where I can find torque specs & sequence on a D1.6B head. (JDM spec NOT USDM.. if there is a difference please LMK. If not I will follow the USDM specifications.)

2. Is there any where else I can buy head bolts other than ARP's. OEM head bolts will do.

3. Honda has made various D1.6 motors, are they all different with bolts, torque sequences, and specs?? Or are they all pretty much the same? Or is the only difference being some have vtec, and others don't? If someone can clear that up for me it would be great.

(Keep in mind I've owned a nissan since I could drive, all i've known are nissans. This is my first honda and would like to learn more about them and how they work.)

thanks ahead of time for any suggestions, and inputs.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
If its right under the dizzy maybe your o ring needs replacing. Clean it up and go for a drive and re check.

IDK about the 1.6b, maybe is the same as d16 y8 with vtec maybe just the cam on jdm engines are a bit aggressive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey DJ, yup at first I also thought it was the O ring too then I replaced it, but the leak was still there. So I took a closer look and it's coming from where the head and block meets.

Thanks for the input!

Domel

·
Registered
Civic
48 Posts
ALL TOQUE SPECS ARE IN FT-LB.
Valve cover Bolts...................................7
Spark Plugs..........................................13
Cam Gear Bolt.......................................27
Cam cover crown nuts.............................7
Crank(vibration) damper bolt...................119
Cylinder Head Studs....................1st step..22...2nd..49
Flywheel Bolts M/T................................76
Drive Plate bolts for A/T........................54
Header Bolts to Cylinder Head................22
Header to downpipe bolts.......................33
Intake Manifold Bolts..............................16
Oil Pan bolts...........................................9
Oil pick up tube bolts..............................17
Oil Pump to engine block bolts/nuts...........9
Oil Pump Screen bolts..............................8
Oil pump cover Screws.............................5
Oil filter Housing Bolts..............................9
Rocker arm shaft pedestal bolts................16
Rocker arm shaft end caps bolts................9
Timing belt adjstment bolt.........................31
Rod Bolts............................................. ....23
Main Bearings cap bolts
Separate caps and bridge..........................48
One piece cap assembly............................33
Water pump pulley bolts.............................9
Thersmostat housing bolts..........................9
Water pump attaching bolts.........................9

These are the specs I used to do my rebuild. I hope this helps

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
IF you are keeping your motor stock, use the oem bolts it will do you just fine. As far as arp's on different d16's. The y8's and the z6's has one head bolts difference closest to the vtec solenoid. I don't have a z6 to compare to my y8 but people say the one head bolt is different.

AS far as getting parts your local autozone/ auto parts should have these. If not you can go here.

https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/home.htm

Look up different years and model to check parts, they also provide drawings. As far as tq specs usdm should be the same or atleast close.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome thanks! this clears up some questions i had, now i can start ordering some stuff im going to need.

thanks all.

Domel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts