Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive found myself with the d15 that was alredy in my crx and my buddys b18 that he no longer needs. ive only herd of real power coming from b series til i came across this site. so now im woundering- to get the most power and mpg, do i build and boost the d15 or the b18? any sugestions?

·
Registered
see above
4,258 Posts
how much power do you want to make, your gonna need more than the motor for the b18 build. mounts trans linkage ecu ect ect.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
depends on your goals a quick daily driver go with the d but if your a power junky spend the extra money and go b

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
lol the replacement for displacement is... boost

·
yEaH tHaT gUy!!!
my hatchy
3,177 Posts
if he doesnt need it and is willing to give to you for a small price i say get the b and slowly build it. get the extra parts you need (tranny,axles, shift linkage, etc) once you have everything swap the D.

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
i meant a small displacement engine boosting can keep up with a larger na engine like an srt4 versus an ls1

·
Registered
348 Posts
For the most part, you can get the same power and MPG out of either motor. Assuming you're not trying to make a ridiculous amount of power.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I would look into your local market and see how much you D series parts are compared to B. B will always be a little more expensive but see if it is atleast average. The reason why I say this is cause B series where I live is waaaaay more expensive.

IMO
Figure out how much power you want to make and how much you want to spend to get to that goal. Once that is done deciding should be easy

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
than if you boost the ls1 your fucked. I kinda of see your point although it seems a little misguided

boost the ls1 costs what 8k or more?.. my buddy has one and was thinking about it..

then again, put the same amount of money into a civic, and it will still be a close race...

power vs weight has them

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
its going to come right down to budget. argue it all you want, but the reason almost every member is here is because when he/she first got their car they could not afford a swap, but still wanted a little more pep. sure this may not be the case with some, but when it comes right down to budget, the d motor wins all

i can afford a swap, but i already have way too much into my sohc to even think about getting rid of it

1 - 20 of 51 Posts