Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is where this belongs or not... please move this thread if this isn't appropriate for this section...

I have a classic Mini with a D15B VTEC engine and transmission swap. When I acquired the car, the shift linkage had been crudely cobbled together and was actually broken and blue painter taped together. I'm needing to start over with engineering the linkage and I feel like starting with a new (used) Honda linkage is probably best to get it right.

My question: Are the transmission end mounts for both the shift lever and the fixed rod the same on D- series and similar year B-series transmissions? I've done some research but can't seem to get a definitive answer. I really only need those ends of the linkage to fit - the rest of the linkage back to the shifter base and bottom of the shifter will be fabricated.

I'm finding all kinds of B-series linkages available for sale... but very few D-series.

Help!

·
B-series Destroyer
4g 4d civic
913 Posts
The stabilizer end is definitely different between B and D shift linkages.

Take a smaller piece of pipe and put it inside your broken linkage. Drill through it on both ends. Put a bolt or roll pin in the hole you drilled. Problem fixed on the cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a smaller piece of pipe and put it inside your broken linkage. Drill through it on both ends. Put a bolt or roll pin in the hole you drilled. Problem fixed on the cheap.
Thanks for the tip - but it's not just a broken linkage... it's a poorly engineered one in the case of this car. The previous owners used what looks to be conduit as the custom bent and welded rods that connect the ends together. Both bars have broken several times in the two months i've had the car. I'm just looking to get a new stock Honda linkage and re-engineer a better solution. I just want to make sure I'm getting a replacement linkage that has the proper ends on the transmission end. Everything else is fairly simple.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts