Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 ex
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 97 ex auto. my car has always ran great. the transmission randomly went out today. there werent any loud noises, i have no gears at all, when the car rolls there is a slight rubbing sound, tranny fluid isn't burnt. it had about 130k on it. im pretty good with a wrench but im not expert can someone help me?

·
Registered
97 ex
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the speedo still works. but it grinds when i put it in park but is that cause the tranny is like spinning freely

·
Registered
97 ex
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i checked the axles and i didn't notice anything wrong. but while on the lift it was in park and the wheels spun freely. so i don't know if it is the shift cable a solenoid, a bad pump or some thing with the transmission itself

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
still voting axles.

Define the wheels spun freely.

I'll be honest, I'm fucking good. But even tonight I nipped an axle seal that caused a leak, first time in 10+ years.

Speedo working means the diff is getting power transfer, axles or diff pin is all that is left after that.

·
Registered
97 ex
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when i had the car up it was in park and the wheels still spun like it was in neutral. put when i spun the right wheel it the axle it is attached to spun but th left wheel didnt. the left wheel would spin but didint turn the axle when it did.

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
bone to the rescue... I get a kick out of you. Vague descriptions of the problem, then your like it must be this and you end up being right.

Haha, you're fucked! lol rep'ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts