Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of talk on diff and input shaft bearings but I am seeking information on the main shaft bearing for an 89 si transmission. Its the bearing on the same shaft as the input shaft but at the opposite end....the one at the top of the shaft and sits in the recess at the far end of the case.

Part Number: 91004-PL3-B03.

Unlike the other ones in the transmission this one is an "angular bearing." Appears it is preloaded once the case halves are together.

Now I know bearings are not supposed to have play but am aware angular bearings have some axial play until pre-loaded. but how much is too much??? I can't find any specs on this bearing. Spins smooth and appears too have the play taken up when under load....but want to check before I order another. Anyone have one kicking around they can check or have experience with it?? I have a video of mine on Youtube under "Bearing D Series Transmission Main Shaft angular Bearing" but dont have the posts to share the link...........thoughts? thanks!

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,313 Posts
thrust loaded by the washer at ISB, shimmed as needed but the outer bearing.

I prefer a .008-.010" case gap with only mainshaft loaded in the case for proper crush preload.

Aquafina has the proper Honda tool to measure after the case has been assembled. One day we'll compare notes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts