Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90' crx with a zc swap and it runs and drives great. Just converted it to obd1 and fixed the clutch pedal assembly. I go to drive it and it goes into first gear takes off just fine, shifts to second great too. So I shift to 3rd and it goes right in but it feels different.. Let off clutch give a lil gas and it just revs and doesn't accelerate at all. Same with 4th gear. But 5th works good so it's drivable. Here's what you're thinking "3rd and 4th are shot". Nope cuz if you're sitting still and put it in 3rd rev it a little and ease off the clutch a tad it will creep forward. Meaning the gear works but not while its driving? Maybe it needs new synchros?? If you know what to do please help me!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok now it's locked up. Won't come out of 2nd gear?! No matter what spot the shifter is in the car is really in 2nd gear. Even when it's in neutral, still in 2nd. Even reverse. To go backwards I have to push clutch in.

·
Registered
80 Posts
check the fluid, is that a hydro or cable tranny? sounds alot like what my hydro did when the release bearing shattered to a million pieces on the freeway. lol but was driving funny for a long time and didnt want to go into certain gears.
I wound up just getting new transmission.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My friend has a LS tranny just sitting around he said I could have. So when I search d2b adapter kit I cant find one under 700$ lol that seems a bit expensive. Does anyone know where I can find a cheaper adapter kit than that?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts