Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite iv been doing alot of research and what trying to make a choice.

i own a Mint 88CRXsi tranny(possiblyJDM)
my car is a 1992 civic hatch(CX) with a JDM Z6 mounted to the CX tranny.i want to do a tranny upgrade. i want to choose teh one that will get me the best quartermile time and i know the shoter the gears the better so i went ahead and looked up D-series ratios. iv found that the Cable SI tranny has slightly shorter 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. then the Hydro 92 SI tranny.

so i was thinking maybe its just better if i get a Hydro conversion for my cable tranny and just use it.
what do you guys think

·
Registered
EJ6
1,169 Posts
do a custom tranny... that's what I did and I am happy with it

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
alrite iv been doing alot of research and what trying to make a choice.

i own a Mint 88CRXsi tranny(possiblyJDM)
my car is a 1992 civic hatch(CX) with a JDM Z6 mounted to the CX tranny.i want to do a tranny upgrade. i want to choose teh one that will get me the best quartermile time and i know the shoter the gears the better so i went ahead and looked up D-series ratios. iv found that the Cable SI tranny has slightly shorter 2nd 3rd 4th and 5th. then the Hydro 92 SI tranny.

so i was thinking maybe its just better if i get a Hydro conversion for my cable tranny and just use it.
what do you guys think
welcome to d-series not what cant you damn noob read!!!!!!! why would you post a trans question in the engine building section. are you retarded or just dont give a shit?

noob + this post = :greddy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
1st: welcome to D-series.
2nd: read the faq section to avoid being flamed the seach function is your friend.
3rd: post engine/tranny/suspension questions..in the proper forums
4th: there should be a lot of write ups on swapping gears, getting custom gears made, etc either here or on other honda forums.

Welcome again and good luck

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
1st: welcome to D-series.
2nd: read the faq section to avoid being flamed the seach function is your friend.
3rd: post engine/tranny/suspension questions..in the proper forums
4th: there should be a lot of write ups on swapping gears, getting custom gears made, etc either here or on other honda forums.

Welcome again and good luck
thank you thats the nice was to say it!:bigok:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you guys are dicks...... Bent ones geese. simple mistake i was reading a post in the engine thread and i just hit back to post didnt think it would make such a big deal.

and your tranny bolts to your engine so whats the big deal to me the tranny is just as importent as the piston. you aint going anywere with out it.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.