Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys does anyone know where I can buy a d16y8 rebuild kit for my bottom end? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Kyle
I found one pretty cheap on ebay and i have put 2500 miles on it since and it hasnt leaked any oil....came with all oil seals, bearings, pistons/rings, oil pump and water pump......all worked just fine

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
I found one pretty cheap on ebay and i have put 2500 miles on it since and it hasnt leaked any oil....came with all oil seals, bearings, pistons/rings, oil pump and water pump......all worked just fine
how much tho? willing to risk it on a motor? IMO go with fjt good quality and great guy to deal with. when i do my other build im def going with him again

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
if you got it off ebay, its probably fjt's. expecially since it came with a piston set. most of the ebay stuff only comes as a gasket set. got the sellers name?

·
Registered
5 Posts
how much tho? willing to risk it on a motor? IMO go with fjt good quality and great guy to deal with. when i do my other build im def going with him again

all total spent on the rebuild was around $400 that include the rebuild kit just under $300 which was the timing belt kit, water pump, pistons, bearings and all the gaskets I also got new radiator hoses plugs and wires pcv valve fuel filter and all the fluids.....i really didnt talk to the guy i just order the kit standard sizes and everything fit just fine...like i said i have somewhere between 2300 to 2500 miles on it and i have not had one problem yet

if you got it off ebay, its probably fjt's. expecially since it came with a piston set. most of the ebay stuff only comes as a gasket set. got the sellers name?
i dont know what fjt means......i bought it over the summer and cant find the ebay sellers name

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
i dont know what fjt means......i bought it over the summer and cant find the ebay sellers name
fjt is a sponsors name on here. he sells on ebay and has his own site as well. if you did get one of his kits im more than sure you wont have any problems if installed right. he has great quality and everything.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i contacted fjt im just waiting for him to get back at me .. does anyone know if that rebuild kit would be good just to rebuild the bottom end? and does anyone know if he makes rods?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts