Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, here's the short/brief run down.

I am severely pissed, My jdm D15b crank bolt hole had gotten stripped out by previos owner, and ive welded the pulley on twice because a thread tap didn't cure it...

I only welded it on, so I could get my vehicle home. Well, tonight I was going to the store, and guess what, Clink clink clank clack dont come back.

pulley fell off.

I had to push my car 15 blocks home, alone. People honked,beeped, yelled because I was pushing. No one bothered to help, and whenever I see someone pushing I stop and help, no matter what kind of hurry I am in.

anyways..

I would like to try out this mini me.

I'm sure I can get my hands on pretty much any d15 block for next to nothing.

I now, have the d15b sohc vtec for donor parts if needed.

What setup on the mini me should I do? Which d-series non-vtec block comes with pistons that have four valve reliefs? What steps should I take, do, and are the mini-me's quick?

I know there are like 5000 million threads about mini-me's but none of them are helpful to me.

D-series.org, please help :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Which d-series non-vtec block comes with pistons that have four valve reliefs?
pm6 pistons...(88-91 d16a6) is a nonvtec engine and comes with pistons that have 4 valve reliefs

sorry though as thats all I can help you with as im not familiar with the d15b vtec and what interchanges with it and ive never done a mini me

·
Registered
822 Posts
I had to push my car 15 blocks home, alone. People honked,beeped, yelled because I was pushing. No one bothered to help, and whenever I see someone pushing I stop and help, no matter what kind of hurry I am in.
Decent people are hard to find these days... too many people with their own agenda... I say this because I'd have to be half and half...

ANYWAYS. Don't the dished vtec pistons have 4 valve reliefs? The reason I ask this is because I swore I saw somewhere on here that valves have hit pistons because non-vtec pistons were in a Vtec system or something or another... anyone chime in???

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decent people are hard to find these days... too many people with their own agenda... I say this because I'd have to be half and half...

ANYWAYS. Don't the dished vtec pistons have 4 valve reliefs? The reason I ask this is because I swore I saw somewhere on here that valves have hit pistons because non-vtec pistons were in a Vtec system or something or another... anyone chime in???
My theory is with the Non-vtec pistons, they are designed for non vtec, but with a vtec head and the Higher lift and longer period of valve opening, that the pistons and valves will "kiss". But, Im not for sure.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Ah, i would still reccomend the y7/y8 mini me, there are a lot of write ups on that. Imo the y8 and z6 heads are the best to work with, both have pros/cons. The z6 however will probably have more miles on it, not always but most of the time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts