Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put this tranny back together, After driving realized it was leaking like shit because had to weld new piece on it and must have fked the seal. Take the seal off and their is another seal under it. It does not show up on honda parts and no idea if I can even remove it from outside the.

Does the inner seal even seal the oil, not sure. Just want oil to stop leaking wondering If changing just the outer seal will help(pictured)

here is the schematic, I am not seeing thew inner seal
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp?inputstate=5&catcgry1=CIVIC&catcgry2=2000&catcgry3=2DR+EX&catcgry4=KA5MT&catcgry5=MT+SHIFT+ROD+-+SHIFT+HOLDER+(SOHC)

Attachments

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Why was that shift rod welded on? Was it cracking or completely sheered off?

Like Bone said, you've only got that one seal there to keep oil inside the case. If it continues to leak from there, you'll need to replace that shift rod linkage.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is only one seal, you need to replace that shaft.
ok I slapped the seal back on. The shaft actually works fine. And the welded part does not effect the seal as far as I can tell. But if it does not seal up then gonna grab new shaft slap it in.
Why was that shift rod welded on? Was it cracking or completely sheered off?

Like Bone said, you've only got that one seal there to keep oil inside the case. If it continues to leak from there, you'll need to replace that shift rod linkage.
way. It was seized and we were going throw everything away.
Ended up needing it though so decided to cut the shaft of another tranny and weld it on. Forgot that heat kind of messes up the seals. I know that shaft was red hot lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts