Honda D Series Forum banner

D-series Noob question - S20 rebuild/Quaiffe installation notes.

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Richie_A_19 
#1 ·
D-series noob here.

I have a s20 tranny, I afforded a Quaife LSD and looking to buy a rebuild kit from SMSP. Does anyone have any links/advice for installation tips? I've broken apart and put together motors, but there's (father programmed) fear of cracken' open trannies. Any help is appreciated.

#2 ·
D trannys are easy (IMHO)........

Sure you need a full rebuild kit though? I've never needed one.

Diff bearings and seal, speedo ring gear, input shaft bearing and seal..........thats about it.

#3 ·
Aren't a tranny god though? :) I'll check out the factory manual and go from there. Since I have not seen too much on the topic and based on your reply, I'll assume it's pretty much:

- remember where everything used to be
- put it back together the way it was
- Read the factory manual before I do anything

Thanks!

G
#6 ·
I think you negatively rep'd me. What gives. I send you poss. rep a get this in return. Maybe I'm wrong but a black or charcoal square next to the rep means it's negative right? Did you think I was being sarcastic? Oh woe is me, I've got my first bad rep.

#8 ·
decev said:
I think you negatively rep'd me. What gives. I send you poss. rep a get this in return. Maybe I'm wrong but a black or charcoal square next to the rep means it's negative right? Did you think I was being sarcastic? Oh woe is me, I've got my first bad rep.
It just means he has no rep to give. Neg rep is red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.