Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Si
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
D-series noob here.

I have a s20 tranny, I afforded a Quaife LSD and looking to buy a rebuild kit from SMSP. Does anyone have any links/advice for installation tips? I've broken apart and put together motors, but there's (father programmed) fear of cracken' open trannies. Any help is appreciated.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
D trannys are easy (IMHO)........

Sure you need a full rebuild kit though? I've never needed one.

Diff bearings and seal, speedo ring gear, input shaft bearing and seal..........thats about it.

·
Registered
92 Honda Civic Si
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aren't a tranny god though? :) I'll check out the factory manual and go from there. Since I have not seen too much on the topic and based on your reply, I'll assume it's pretty much:

- remember where everything used to be
- put it back together the way it was
- Read the factory manual before I do anything

Thanks!

D

·
0 Posts
I think you negatively rep'd me. What gives. I send you poss. rep a get this in return. Maybe I'm wrong but a black or charcoal square next to the rep means it's negative right? Did you think I was being sarcastic? Oh woe is me, I've got my first bad rep.

·
Premium Member
Civic turbo Hx/Ex
18,686 Posts
decev said:
I think you negatively rep'd me. What gives. I send you poss. rep a get this in return. Maybe I'm wrong but a black or charcoal square next to the rep means it's negative right? Did you think I was being sarcastic? Oh woe is me, I've got my first bad rep.
It just means he has no rep to give. Neg rep is red.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts