Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I've been meaning to post this up for a while. I work at advance auto so i look up Honda parts in my spare time, lol. So here's a list of commonly used NGK plugs for common D series motors. Sorry if this is reposted or anything.

NGK plugs heat range is the first number in the part #, I.E. BKR6E-11. Of course, a colder plug would be a 7 and a hotter plug woiuld be a 5. So, if you need a colder or hotter plug, you can change this and get your local auto parts store to cross the number and see if its available. The BKR7E-11 is a common turbo and nitrous plug IIRC. I'm running the BKR6E-11 in my mini-me b/c its a step colder than the stock plug for my higher CR setup.

Standards and V Powers are both the same price. The G Power is the platinum plug. Some apps offer laser iridiums and other plugs, but no one runs those right, lol?

D16A6/D15B2 NGK Plugs: Gap @ .044
Standard: BCPR6ES-11
V Power: BCPR6E-11
G Power: BCPR6EGP

D16Z6/D15B7 NGK Plugs: Gap @ .044
Standard: N/A
V Power: ZFR5F-11
G Power: ZFR5FGP (listed for B7 only)

D16Y8/D16Y7 NGK Plugs: Gap @ .044
Standard: N/A
V Power: ZFR5F-11
G Power: ZFR5FGP

B16A2/A3 NGK Plugs: Gap @ .052
Standard: BKR6ES-11
V Power: BKR6E-11
G Power: BKR6EGP

If you spot any problems or wanna add anything feel free to.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Don't use the catalog/pre-gapped plugs for performance apps :)

These are plugs I have just sitting. The 5 is for an Economy build I'm working on, and the 7's is for my D15B; BKR7E's are for when I start running nitrous but we had trouble looking for that in the catalogs(when looking for other compatible plugs). He just ended up going to the back and see what was in stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
867 Posts
I think in a lot of cases you need to tell the auto parts guy's the 4 digit p/n like 6097 which is the BKR7E.

There are a lot of this spark plug threads around.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think in a lot of cases you need to tell the auto parts guy's the 4 digit p/n like 6097 which is the BKR7E.

There are a lot of this spark plug threads around.
Yeah they go by their own part numbers which is mostly universal between parts houses. But, most can cross these stock numbers. I know these aren't going to be what people run in built motors, just a reference for where to start.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
Also wanted to resurrect this thread, this should be stickied or start a thread that is stickied that has all the need to know basic info like this. Rep to the OP!

Also my engine is around 11.8:1CR so a bit higher than factory compression. So I'm wanting to go with a step colder plug, should I go with the V Power: BCPR6E-11 (D16A6) or V Power: BKR6E-11 (B16A2)?? I'm leaning towards the BCPR6E-11's.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Also wanted to resurrect this thread, this should be stickied or start a thread that is stickied that has all the need to know basic info like this. Rep to the OP!

Also my engine is around 11.8:1CR so a bit higher than factory compression. So I'm wanting to go with a step colder plug, should I go with the V Power: BCPR6E-11 (D16A6) or V Power: BKR6E-11 (B16A2)?? I'm leaning towards the BCPR6E-11's.
What is it, a Z6? I would probably use a BKR7E-11. I personally use BKR6E-11's in my ~10:1 Z6 setup, but use the 7's in all the turbo cars I tune. I'm glad you bumped this, I was thinking about it the other day.

I can post the actual part house numbers the next day I'm slow at work (I work at Advance). Does anyone remember what the race plug for our motors is? It's something like an R5671A-8 I think.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
What is it, a Z6? I would probably use a BKR7E-11. I personally use BKR6E-11's in my ~10:1 Z6 setup, but use the 7's in all the turbo cars I tune. I'm glad you bumped this, I was thinking about it the other day.

I can post the actual part house numbers the next day I'm slow at work (I work at Advance). Does anyone remember what the race plug for our motors is? It's something like an R5671A-8 I think.
11.8:1 d16y7 (We'll call it that anyways.) you don't think going 2 steps colder is a bad idea? After all it is NA still, and with higher compression you want a smaller gap right? So with the BKR6E-11 being a .052 gap and the BCPR6E-11 being a .044 gap wouldn't the BCPR6E-11 be the better choice for high compression NA motors? Not questioning you, just wanting to understand so I buy the proper plug for my application.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
That's what a spark plug too is for. Id rather gap my own plugs on a built motor anyways. Not bashing you Spoon. I'd wanna go colder too.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
NGK V-Power BKR7E's are actually 6466 part number. They are also too short to run in an A6 as the Spark Plug wire will not snap onto the top of the spark plug. They are the same length at the seat, but not the same length porcelain.

·
Premium Member
1,278 Posts
I decided to go ahead and go with the BCPR6E-11 plugs, just feel since they are a step colder and originally fit a D-Series it'd be my best bet. I'm going to look more into gaping the plugs, not really sure how to determine the proper gap for my application.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts