Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together my build with massive help from my tuner. Without boring ye its gonna be y8/a6 combo running a 15g. I am hoping to run 210-220 WHP safely as this car is gonna be with me for many many years i hope and when i get out of college she will be receiving a forged bottom end and much better additions.

Currently in Ireland and as we have been told in Europe my tuner mapped a EP2 d16 civic and made 250bhp using a t28 among other things. Engine is still holding up well and holds highest stock block HP so far over here.

What I would like to know is what members here have pushed there stock blocks to and for how long the bottom end lasted? and how much WHP did they succeed in achieving?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Search, their is lots in the archives!

But a stock block the rods are the weakest point, if you want that stock block to last ( especially depending on mile/ condition of block) I wouldn't push it much pass 200hp w/ a good tune if it's gonna last.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Search, their is lots in the archives!

But a stock block the rods are the weakest point, if you want that stock block to last ( especially depending on mile/ condition of block) I wouldn't push it much pass 200hp w/ a good tune if it's gonna last.
will do man thanks, obviously you mean 200 WHP rather than 200 BHP ya??

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
correct...

general rule of thumb on 1.6l bottom ends in good condition

200whp and under is safe and reliable
225whp pushing the reliability factor
250whp on the edge this thing could blow in 1hour or 5 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.