Honda D Series Forum banner

when would you like to have the meet

• A saturday when another event is going on such as the stop light drags and PINKS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would like to recommend another time and will explain in my post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should have a little meet at the beaver sometime this season, the question is what would every one prefer. we have a few options. let me explain them, friday night is beavers typical street car races, this is fun but makes it tough for guys who have to work and then drive, so that is probably out, the next option is a saturday that isn't booked as a special event, on these saturdays the track is open for test and tune sessions from 10 am till 4 pm with the possibility of renting the track longer if wanted. our other option is to schedule the meet during a saturday/sunday when another event is already going on, this can also be fun as we have things like 200 mph jet trucks and other cool stuff going on on those days. you can see the beavers schedule and whats going on on those days here http://www.beaversprings.com/schedule_2008.html the cool thing about the holiday events like for example from may 23,24,25,26 is the track races all 4 days and you are allowed to camp over and stay the entire weekend. one of those weekends may be a good option as well, so that the members here who have to drive more then a few hours can camp over and return home the following day refreshed. any way look over the schedule and see what you all think and then vote on the poll above. one event that i wouldn't mind having us all go to is the PINKS race our track is starting this year. read about the way it works here http://www.beaversprings.com/flyers/Stop Light Drags.htm
and the first one is scheduled for june 21. any way vote above and we shall see what happens.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great keep them coming guys and vote on the poll, i should mention most any thing you would need to know like the cost to race and entry fees for spectators ect ect can all be found at www.beaversprings.com and i set the poll up so you can vote for more then one option.

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can see what I can do Im in Va but wouldnt mind the drive
yeah , perhaps thats another reason we should have it on saturday where you are able to camp over until sunday, so you can race all day saturday and we can build a bon fire and eat food and drink beer all evening and then sunday wake up refreshed to head home or race more if wanted.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
hmmm only about 2 1/2 hours away from me. might be an option

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hmmm only about 2 1/2 hours away from me. might be an option
that would be sweet, heck even if we can get just 5 to 10 guys to meet up , we could still have a blast. if we do it on a camp over weekend we could race all day then make a bon fire and drink beer and eat food all evening. ;)

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
yeah , perhaps thats another reason we should have it on saturday where you are able to camp over until sunday, so you can race all day saturday and we can build a bon fire and eat food and drink beer all evening and then sunday wake up refreshed to head home or race more if wanted.
Im thinking this is definitely a good idea this is the kind of stuff me and my friend were talking about doing this summer just doing some traveling and going to other tracks seeing how everyone else does it. But your about 5 hours away which isnt to bad. And Im always up for drinking beer with good people

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will give the thread another week to circulate and then we can try and lock down a date. the next big camp over weekend thats coming up is memorial weekend. thats may 23rd to may 26th may 24th would be a saturday. go here to see what is scheduled for that weekend http://www.beaversprings.com/schedule_2008.html you are allowed to camp from friday till monday. friday night is more street car orientated racing with the 200 mph jet powered truck and all that jazz. saturday we would be racing with more race cars then street cars, but hey its bracket racing right? :) perhaps race saturday and those with long drives can pitch a tent and camp over to be refreshed for the drive home sunday, or heck if they want they can race sunday as well and then head home. the next possible meet time after this would be mid june.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
have you been drinking again

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
i've been to state college and huntingdon this year
just a couple more hills over...lol

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
3,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok i posted another poll with 2 dates to choose from we will go with majority rules.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.