Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all what's up guys I just purchased an ek hatch an am curious as to LSD options ATM I have 310whp on 20 psi. Tranny is holdin up really well even with launches but I bet it's only a matter of time before my diff explodes I searched and read both good and bad about the obx what's your guys personal experiences with these? Thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I've seen threads where someone bought an OBX lsd, took it apart to inspect it and found chunks of wood inside of it. I would say if you are going to do it, do it right. Get MFactory. Or Kaaz, or quaife or the like.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
I've had no issues with my OBX LSD. I had my tuner open it up and re shim everything. It sounded like a maraca when I got it, afterwards no noise when it was shaken. That being said I get the feeling that I might be the exception to the rule with all of the (apparently) shitty QC that it appears OBX does. If I had it to do over again ... I would probably have gone with a quaife or mfactory diff and not trusted to luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lmao a wood diff doesn't sound like itl hold up well hah! I'll I've to do some research on those is an lad install pretty straight forward?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm $650 bit pricey how bad are the stock lsds? I have 2 step n I've launched it n beat on it a little and no complaints do far. I've never had a prOblem with any Honda tranny but seams like everyone else does. Lol

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Hmm $650 bit pricey how bad are the stock lsds? I have 2 step n I've launched it n beat on it a little and no complaints do far. I've never had a prOblem with any Honda tranny but seams like everyone else does. Lol

You are wrong.

650$ for an LSD is actually a VERY good price. My quaife LSD new is a 900+ dollar unit... So 650 is VERY fair.

You can spend 300 or so LESS on an OBX. But you will MORE THAN LIKELY be spending at least another 300 again on one sometime soon, or rather, 650 on a better quality synchrotech/Mfactory/Quaife

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Stock diff can fail under that much stress. Just save the money and buy an m factory and call it a day. DO NOT get an obx. They suck ass. Better to pay for the good stuff then to buy crap only for it to fail then have to pay again for something that you should have bought in the first place.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And yeah I know or a fact you get hat you pay for in the car parts world I wouldn't even consider an obx anymore guess its time to save.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Anyone know who makes the synchrotech lsd? just wondering. By the price my guess is mfactory but its just a guess :thinking:

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Anyone know who makes the synchrotech lsd? just wondering. By the price my guess is mfactory but its just a guess :thinking:
Im guessing its the same as the Mfactory, or from same factory, just without the M label. I do not know that to be fact.

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
I've had no issues with my OBX LSD. I had my tuner open it up and re shim everything. It sounded like a maraca when I got it, afterwards no noise when it was shaken. That being said I get the feeling that I might be the exception to the rule with all of the (apparently) shitty QC that it appears OBX does. If I had it to do over again ... I would probably have gone with a quaife or mfactory diff and not trusted to luck.
Ditto. My OBX has survived a HELL of a beating including 2 completely grenaded transmissions.. For the price, it can't be beat.

That being said, mFactory had demonstrated some amazing customer support on here.. With the OBX you will be on your own IF shit hits the fan.

·
Registered
1 Posts
SI trans swap on D15B7

Does anyone know if an SI trans out of a 95' EG will work with my 93' D15B7? My stock trans seized up and I found an SI one for $200. I read somewhere tho that I'd need bigger axle seals and axles from a 90-93 Integra since the Si trans is made for the 1.6L. Is that true? the Benefits from the SI trans will be better than just putting another B7 trans into it, but I don't want to fight it if I don't have to by swapping out my axles. Axles are hard to find in this Red Neck State haha

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Does anyone know if an SI trans out of a 95' EG will work with my 93' D15B7? My stock trans seized up and I found an SI one for $200. I read somewhere tho that I'd need bigger axle seals and axles from a 90-93 Integra since the Si trans is made for the 1.6L. Is that true? the Benefits from the SI trans will be better than just putting another B7 trans into it, but I don't want to fight it if I don't have to by swapping out my axles. Axles are hard to find in this Red Neck State haha
Threadjack...

Axles Swapability

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haha thanks guy look like ima start saving for an mfactory :) just preserve password jdm drille an slotted rotors and some hawk hps pads LSD is next :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts