Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering what intake manifold flows the best for FI. I know the y8 mani's flow the best stock but im wondering if there is any aftermarket manifolds that flow better then the y8 mani. Thanx for the input

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
what bout for 400-500whp??
your probably not going to get to 500. 450 maybe, and you might crack 400. 400 is not as easy as people make it sound. it is possible to build a 400 whp capable block, but the actual numbers are out of reach for the average dd d-series. not saying its not possible, but either way, its been done with a stock im. so cast after market ones will also make it that far (400-425). but for the most flow to the upper 400 numbers, sheet metal will be the way you want to go.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
so where could i find a sheet metal mani? i know that 400-500whp is hard to obtain but there are some really good tuner's around this area and i know its atainable just because the guy that will prob be tuning my car alread made 405 on a vitara build with a stock head and he ran a 11.43 and i am building mine with forged 9:1 pistons and fully ported and polished head with a nice cam and springs. but ya back to the point where could i find a nice sheetmetal mani or a nice edlebrock one and i dont really care bout the spool i have other things to make it spool cuz my turbo i bought is big enough to devour small children anyway lol

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
so would the edelbrock be over kill for around 200 hp?
yes.

so where could i find a sheet metal mani? i know that 400-500whp is hard to obtain but there are some really good tuner's around this area and i know its atainable just because the guy that will prob be tuning my car alread made 405 on a vitara build with a stock head and he ran a 11.43 and i am building mine with forged 9:1 pistons and fully ported and polished head with a nice cam and springs. but ya back to the point where could i find a nice sheetmetal mani or a nice edlebrock one and i dont really care bout the spool i have other things to make it spool cuz my turbo i bought is big enough to devour small children anyway lol
FAST2CAMCIV (here is his run: click)? i assume your talking about the previous owner of drunk's four door. well even he should be able to tell you that 500 is a long way for a d.

you better be porting the shit out of the head and don't bother with a off the shelf cam, custom is what your going to need. then your going to have to play with the big boys. i.e. vtec disabled running only the big lobe or non-vtec with a big old cam. look on ebay for a "good deal" on an edelbrock, just make sure to clean up the casting flash on it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
ok, i'm sure yall confused this guy... none of you asked...."WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE CAR"?? that's the most important question of all before spouting off #'s and mathematical equations.

Daily Driver?? on 10-15 psi w/ a decent turbo... a Y8 IM will do u fine
Track Whore?? on 15-20 w/ a big turbo... Edelbrock or Custom

Hope this Helps
Dr. Mike

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
ok, i'm sure yall confused this guy... none of you asked...."WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR THE CAR"?? that's the most important question of all before spouting off #'s and mathematical equations.

Daily Driver?? on 10-15 psi w/ a decent turbo... a Y8 IM will do u fine
Track Whore?? on 15-20 w/ a big turbo... Edelbrock or Custom

Hope this Helps
Dr. Mike
I'm running a skunk on mine pushing 20.5 psi. Haven't had a problem with it. It's both a 15 psi daily (for the most part lol) and a 20 psi track whore :D.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts