Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking about building my D16y7. if i do it i plan to do a mini me with a gude performance head package then turbo. but enuph about what i wan to do. what i realy wan to know is befor i ake my decision weather to do a swap or not can i get 200 hp out of my D16 easy? and if so can some of you guys tell me how you went about it?

thanks,

Curbow_USMC
SemperFi

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
basically, what he means is: in order to get it easily, you'll want to do a light turbo set-up

·
Registered
94 Posts
I got 190whp out of my stock d16y8 with a t3/t4e turbo setup, then I added forged internals and bumped it up to 230WHP. Just make sure its tuned right and it should be fine.

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
hmmmm homemadeturbo.com

plenty of people on here with around 200hp
just read the stickys and learn what goes with what..
gude is real expensive...but heyif you have the money...go for it!

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
As I understand it, Gude was quite reputable back in the day. However things have changed and their products are hit or miss. Some people have had success with them, but I've read of a lot more that have gotten poor products. I've also heard nothing but horror stories about their customer service or lack thereof.

There are a number of other good shops out there. If I had to pick someone right now, I'd go with RLZ Engineering ( www.hondaraceengines.com )

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
FUCK GUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, you get his $1400 head package, then send in your core which he charged $400.......a rapage indeed.

Bill gets your head off a running car (CRX?) and claims it is bad. Your $400 core charge is gone and he wants $200 to ship it back.........IF HE can find your core!!!!!!!

Plain and simple, your out $400 AND a non-VTEC head..........which will be sold to someone else.

BFG/Bull Frog Gude. Or in my opinoin Bill "Fuckmeintheasswithoutlube" Gude.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Curbow_USMC said:
i am thinking about building my D16y7. if i do it i plan to do a mini me with a gude performance head package then turbo. but enuph about what i wan to do. what i realy wan to know is befor i ake my decision weather to do a swap or not can i get 200 hp out of my D16 easy? and if so can some of you guys tell me how you went about it?

thanks,

Curbow_USMC
SemperFi

I was spraying a 120shot on my stock bottem D16A6 for the longest time until I had the time and money to build it. I think that is a good gain, doubling the motors stock output.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
24-7 said:
I was spraying a 120shot on my stock bottem D16A6 for the longest time until I had the time and money to build it. I think that is a good gain, doubling the motors stock output.
You shot 120 in bone stock engine ????????? what your compression and setup ? tuning ?

sorry to highjack this thread, but those number seem to be really good for stock engine !!!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Belette said:
You shot 120 in bone stock engine ????????? what your compression and setup ? tuning ?

sorry to highjack this thread, but those number seem to be really good for stock engine !!!

It was a NOS direct port foger system with a stand alone fuel supply for the nitrous.

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
24-7 said:
It was a NOS direct port foger system with a stand alone fuel supply for the nitrous.
What kind of stand alone ?

You can't do it with wet kit (fogger) only ?

·
Registered
924 Posts
Belette said:
What kind of stand alone ?

You can't do it with wet kit (fogger) only ?

It is alot safer and more efficent if all of the cylinders get the same amount of fuel/nitrous with direct port instead of the first cylinder getting most of the the nitrous/fuel with a single nozzle. For the seperate fuel system instead of tapping into the cars fuel system like most kits you have a seperate 5 gallon fuel cell, pump and filter that supply the extra fuel for the nitrous. While the engine will run off its regular 93 octane the nitrous will get a mixture of say like 114 octane.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts