Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I'm looking for D series engine draft. I'm doing coursework about D series engine optimization and I need engines section draft for calculations. It would work with anyking D series sohc engine, I will add what I need :)

Specifically I need Minime swap draft, but would work D16z6/D15B drafts perfeclty

Thank you for anyking help and drafts :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Engine cross-section drawing/plot. Don't know which word is correct to describe. It can be in CAD,CAM, Solidwork, 3D model or sketch.

P.S sorry for my english :)

·
Registered
EJ1 Coupe
24 Posts
Would it be in the service pdf files that are floating around?

otherwise i would think it would only be done by an enthusiast

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it be in the service pdf files that are floating around?

otherwise i would think it would only be done by an enthusiast
I haven't seen in a service book, there's only assembly drawings with torque values and ect. I saw B16 Solidwork assembly with all engine parts, so I hope someone did same with D series :)

·
Registered
1987 CRXSi
416 Posts
Engine cross-section drawing/plot. Don't know which word is correct to describe. It can be in CAD,CAM, Solidwork, 3D model or sketch.

P.S sorry for my english :)
Understand what you are looking for, but I have never seen it.

What type of analysis are you trying to do and how accurate does your model have to be? Reason that I ask is that I am Solidworks proficient and if this doesn't need to be something that was modeled by Honda then maybe I might be able to help out?

Lithuanian?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

What type of analysis are you trying to do and how accurate does your model have to be? Reason that I ask is that I am Solidworks proficient and if this doesn't need to be something that was modeled by Honda then maybe I might be able to help out?

Lithuanian?
It just need to be 2D cross-section drawing, it can be even hand made and then scanned. For my work I will take all specifications from real engine, because I'm working on my building engine :) Everything is going to be done in engine modeling program. I just need drawing to have in my coursework. About Solidwork part, I asked because I know there's many laser scanned parts even with guts, some guys just did manually, and with Solidwork it's very easy to get any part of engines cross-section, so only for that I mentioned Solid :)

Option 2 can be B/F/H even K series engine, just want to do something interesting and useful in the future in my racecar than my lecturer gives - old russian Vaz, Gaz, Moskvich engines :D

Yes lithuanian :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Lithuanian?
Because I'm going to take all specifications from real engine and manufacturer, I need drawings only for formularity. Calculations will be done with software. So it can be even handmade drawing and then scanned. I haven't been impressed with lecturers engines which he offered to do - old russian Maz, Gaz, Lada, Moskvich engines :D

About Solidwork, I mentioned it because with it it's super easy to do cross-section anywhere.

For plan B it could be B/H/F or even K engine, I just want to do what is interesting and what can be useful in the future for my racing car :D

Yes, I'm lithuanian :)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you guys for help, but as always I've forgotten to mention that I need 2 cut views: from side, so if you are looking from intake/exhaust ports and from front/back, it doesn't matter.

Thank you guys for help, I very appreciate that :)

If I could, I would show you what I need, but I can't :/

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Well, n00bie, looks like you are going to have to do what most of us have done when we've found that no one makes or has made what we want to do to our cars:

Learn how to do it yourself. ;)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, n00bie, looks like you are going to have to do what most of us have done when we've found that no one makes or has made what we want to do to our cars:

Learn how to do it yourself. ;)
It's now new for me, quite easy job, but I tried to save a lot of time :)

But anyway. Thank you for help :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts