Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if cranks can be swapped from one motor to a different motor, i.e. can I use a D15B VTEC crank in a Y8 block? I know that this would probably destroke the motor from a 1.6 to a 1.5, but with a larger piston it could end up being about equal.

TIA

·
Registered
834 Posts
D17 cranks can also be used in D16 blocks if the D17 rods, oil pump, lower timing belt pulley and crank pulley are used.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doesn't the D15B VTEC share the same journal size as the Z6 now that I think of it? That's how you can use Vitara's + Z6 rods for boost right? If that's the case it should work shouldn't it?

·
Registered
269 Posts
Doesn't the D15B VTEC share the same journal size as the Z6 now that I think of it? That's how you can use Vitara's + Z6 rods for boost right? If that's the case it should work shouldn't it?
EDIT: Opps, mains are smaller, rod journals are the same as d16/17's.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
rod journals and main journals are a different story

the d15b has 1.6 rod journals, but still has 1.5 main journals

so no, it wont work

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts

so no, it wont work

:werd:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

so no, it wont work
Ah ha - thanks for clarifying that. I was trying to work with stuff I had since I am about to buy a sleeved Y8 that's just a bare block. I guess I will try to find a cheap Z6 or Y8 if I can't find a crank. Thanks for the help fella's.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,239 Posts

so no, it wont work
I can make it work, won't be cheap, but it is planned for next winter.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts