Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
*not sure if this is the right place to post this*

Thought I would post this as I organized this for my own reference.
It contains the Chassis Codes for most of our d-series cars. (pre-2001)

*Note there is no USDM EG civic hatchback because it doesn't exist*

*I know some of the del sols came with a b-series engine but I don't want to retake the picture :p

·
Registered
My car...or my truck
1,035 Posts
You would also note there is no EF hatch either....and no EK anything. Some people that use this nomenclature are idiot fan boys, they usually self identify by saying "I got an EG6, yo", I typically don't engage these types.

However, even though the purists will scoff, it is easy to have a designation like "EG hatch" or "EK coupe" to identify a car without having to think it out and be like "oh, that's a 5th gen sedan" or whatever....to each their own I say

·
Registered
94 Civic Ex Sedan
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
You would also note there is no EF hatch either....and no EK anything. Some people that use this nomenclature are idiot fan boys, they usually self identify by saying "I got an EG6, yo", I typically don't engage these types.

However, even though the purists will scoff, it is easy to have a designation like "EG hatch" or "EK coupe" to identify a car without having to think it out and be like "oh, that's a 5th gen sedan" or whatever....to each their own I say
Yeah I think too many people watched "Initial D" and think there hatch is an EG.

I didn't notice there is no EK or EF hatches either good point.

The reason I posted this was to try and spread the proper chassis codes around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts