Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post here... I am very happey to see other D series lovers like me! :smile:

Anyway... I have a 98 SI...so the Y8 engine... and am building a 88 000 km D16A1 that i got for nothing. I just recently bought a D16a6 block which i knew was the best... Heres my question... I am planing on doing : D16A6 block with D16A1 pistons (pm7 = 11.0 with y8 head gasket) and with the Y8 head and intake manifold.... If i do so... how much increase in HP will i get compared to if i stick with the full Y8 engine... thank you.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no one can tell me how much HP can run a D16A6 block qith D16A1 pistons and Y8 head and intake manifold... Compared to the stock Y8 engine?

·
Registered
302 Posts
you left too many factors out to guess. Do you have I/H/E? Tuning it for more fuel? If so with what? What ECU or program are you using? P28, P2P, Hondata, UberData, custom chip? I'm still trying to figure out how you got 11:1 compression from that set up. When I calc it I get 12.4:1 And when I installed the same setup into my CRX it was more like 12.9:1 after the machine work was done.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ouch.... 12.9 :???: i got 11.1 from this link : http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=335078... anyway .. yes i will be planing on getting the basic bolt ons... CAI, headers (if i keep the Y8 i guess ill be good) and a type R (2 resonator) exhaust... and a cam gear, walbro 255... later... but my question is : is it worth it building this (d16a6 block with A1 pistons and Y8 head and mani) if i can run 91 octane... or will it give me no more than 5-6 hps...

If you can, please give me the answer with : 1. no mods (stock d16a6 PM7 with Y8..) and 2. with the bolt ons and mods...

How much Hps will i get in both cases ... more than the Y8 with the same bolt ons...

Excuse me for my pronunciation... im from quebec so im not that agile with english...

thank you very much

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a complete Y8 engine stock... Is it worth it replacing the block by a D16A6 block and the pistons by D16A1 pistons? i will get the basic mods and maybe more... ps i can only get 91 octane...

There, i think its clear now.... please someone anwser me hehe

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ohh my god.... nevermind guys.... shisshhhh i'll try to get info else where.. thanks for the help.

p-l

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
You will get more horsepower! Of course, because you will be running higher compression. Exact number Can't be too sure of, maybe 10 additional HP? Conservative?

And also, again against a stock y8 with the same bolt ons, you will produce more power. Why? Higher C/R Ratio

·
Registered
531 Posts
it'd say 20+ whp over stock Y8 if you use the PM7/P29 pistons. It's a big difference! Right now i'm breaking in a Y8 with PM7 pistons .5 overbore with heavy port/polish and a stock cam (killing me...dont worry crower 3 on it's way ;-) ) But even while breaking it in with stock cam it's a beast...more torque and even only using 50% throttle and keeping it under 4k rpm's i can merge and pass faster than most other cars it's ridiculous. This is in an 88 crx dx though!

Vince

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you. but if i can only get 91 octane... should i still consider putting the pistons in?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nop, not with thie type of compression... cause here... in stupid canada... our fuel is shit...

but if i can get a fuel management system.... it would be awesome... then there would be no problem with the 91...

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's the best in america... his shop is in ottawa ontario canada.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts