Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

When I finally put my turbo onto my 87 crx with d16a1 swap, I was looking into using the d series block plug/adapter
GO-AUTOWORKS D Series Block Fittings -10AN -12AN

With a catch can (mounted a little higher) and an exhaust scavenger to pull vacuum
Vibrant Performance ::.

I have read in some threads that people have increased blowby with the d series block plug.. Are they not hooking it up right? Are they not allowing it to release enough pressure?
I am also doing the bungs on the valve cover to a breather can..
Would this be a decent set up to keep the blowby to a minimum?

Mainly I just want to know if the block adapter would be a good choice?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
that part im not worrying about. im going to mount it higher up so the oil might not ever make it into the can. (or only a little)

it sounds silly, but:
i want to run the block into a sealed baffled can that goes into the vacuum scavenger, then the valve cover is going into a seperate breather can with filters to relieve pressure

maybe the people that complained about more blowby with the block plug/adapter didnt hook theirs up right.

·
()*#$(*$
11,404 Posts
There is only one way to hook it up, and you will get more oil without using the stock black box, as it is already an oil separator. If you are adding in a catch can and keeping it high in the bay, I wouldn't worry so much about it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is only one way to hook it up, and you will get more oil without using the stock black box, as it is already an oil separator. If you are adding in a catch can and keeping it high in the bay, I wouldn't worry so much about it.
I'm going to put the can up as high as possible.. I just have to find a good spot. My engine bay will barely have any room.. I'm looking into relocating stuff to make room for cans

·
Registered
504 Posts
So we did that in my friends civic and it would fill the qt catch can in 500 miles, we ended up putting steel wool in the tube to baffle and that fixed the fill up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts