Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
neesan silvia s13
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all d series experts!

I read through the "Best d series block for boost" thread, and this one is pretty much the same but did not want to ressurect old thread.

I want to build a d-series Single slammer. I have owned 2 d series engines (ek civic and ef) and have been very reliable for me and now i want another one. However, due to how small a g11 is, and yes its smaller than an EF (its F***n tiny) it has to be single cam so i can add turbos and other fun stuff. The engine I have my sights set on is a JDM d15b and possible d16 bottom end swap (yes i know they are rare but willing to build a decent one this time), I think you guys in america call them "mini me"? anyways I want to add the toughest block I can to it for boost and best for oil distribution and flow, IM THINKING of ZC D16 DOHC BLOCK on D15b SOHC HEAD.. will the head and block match up? Another question is, did any D-deries motors come factory with OIL SQUIRTERS? as that would be another plus for me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
EG5T
102 Posts
SOHC block with DOHC head is being done, but it's a movie you don't want to watch. Betta stick with sohc/vtec head.

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
The D15B is pretty tough. Its running the same connecting rods as the D16, so it will take a similar amount of power before the bend/break. Additionally the rod ratio is a little better so you can rev it a little more without wearing it out.

No need to reinvent the wheel.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Doesnt matter what engine you start with.

If you want a beefy block, you are gonna want sleeves.

Or you can be normal and just get good rods and pistons, and keep it under 500whp

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
According to Wikipedia, Australia got the D15B4 in the Civic GL and the D15B7 in the Civic GLi.

So OP, when you said "D15B", did you mean an actual Japanese D15B, or did you mean a D15B4/7? Theres a bit of a difference. What I said previously applies to the D15B and not the D15B4/7.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts