Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am building a d series motor and was wondering which combination would be better? A Mini me or some other combo??? I want to use a factory honda parts no aftermarket stuff, and it must be all motor no NOS or forced induction. I heard that a d17 crank would fit in a d16 but what would that bennifit. Just looking for some options. Thanks

·
Registered
91 CRX Si
4,454 Posts
I recommend a full A6. Lots of aftermarket support and plentiful at the junkyard. Especially good if you wanna stay obd0 since theres no vtec to mess with. I love mine.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well what car do you have? I mean I feel that (from what I have learned) a good setup is the Z6 block and ZC pistons and a Y8 2 layer head gasket, with a well built head is pretty good. That's what I am about to run.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Well going to obd0 is not really going to be the way you can go since you have a obd2 car. Unless you want to go full out stand alone with wide band 02 sensors and what not. Just go find you a y8 (96-whatever EX) motor and trans. Throw some ZC pistons in there, get a decent built head with either crower stage 2-3 head package and get it tuned. I'm pretty sure you will be happy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What kind of compression ratio do you think I would have and also do you know the valve clearence? Also do you think I should get a obd2 to obd1 wiring harness adapter to run the p28 and get that ecu tuned?

·
Registered
see above
4,259 Posts
z6 block, a6 head, itbs, big cam, high comp pistons, ported polished head, smsp header,arp rod bolts and chipped ecu, 12.5:1 on methanol. kinda similar to my buddies build idk just throwin out ideas.

Reactions: dkid15

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how much piston to valve clearence would you have if you put zc pistons in a stock y8 bottom end and how about the compression ratio. I checked it by zealautowreks and it said that it would be 12-1 but the outside color of the website was red what does that mean on that site? Will the stock bottom end stand up to that kind of compression?

·
Registered
1997 Civic Hatch D18Y8 M62 S/C
2,666 Posts
I heard that a d17 crank would fit in a d16 but what would that bennifit. Just looking for some options. Thanks
This mod is not very common but it's doable. Using a D17 crank in a D16 effectively provides a longer stroke and ultimately more low end torque. However, it makes an already unfavorable r/s ratio worse for high reving.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
z6 block, a6 head, itbs, big cam, high comp pistons, ported polished head, smsp header,arp rod bolts and chipped ecu, 12.5:1 on methanol. kinda similar to my buddies build idk just throwin out ideas.
Are you talking about rushi. His build is siiiick.

Any way you should work your way up like start off small and begin to grow. Eventually you might find yourself with 174whp like rushi did. Damn that is sick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.