Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well as income taxes are comming in, im planning on getting a motor, right now i have a couple in mind but not sure which 1 will give me the best for wat ima pay for

1.jdm d15b vtec 92-95 500$
2.jdm d15b vtec 96-00 500$
3.d16z6 vtec 92-95 200-500$

i guess these are the motors i have in mind as of right now.

Please share what you have to say about these motor, so i can make a good choice in what to put in my hb :)

thanks

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Z6...cuz finding the RIGHT part is soooooo much easier. Took my friend 3 tries to find out...oh, this thing uses a VX water pump! LOL

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well as of right now, all motor, and maybe boosting later down the road, but as for now just all motor, im just scared that the fact that i might get a slow motor haha, like mine is right now, super slow, lost to a dx with test pipe... sigh my z6 isnt as strong or theres just something messed up with it, so i just wanna get me a good strong motor, so yeah i dont mind getting a z6 again, just finding 1 is pretty hard haha, most of the ones i seen has been kinda old, so looking for recent ones that i can get, but this shop offers d15bvtecs and i hear the d15b vtec 96-00 has 3 stage vtec, but im not sure

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well yeah, im not sure if theres no diff at all, they just say the 96-00 is better than the 92-95, again i dont mind getting the d15b but then when i thought about it, it might be a bit harder to find parts for the car, but iunno with all these stuff that is comming out i might be able to find some, but again stil undecided

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
umm i dont think so, im not sure if they ship, all i know they do local shipping, so i guess ima have to go pick it up its like a 3-4 hr drive

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Go w/ the z6/sohc zc. The 1.6 block has alot more/cheaper aftermarket support.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, i was talking with my buddies they said a z6 would be better, parts are ezier to find plus u can add alot more stuff with out worring if its gonna fit or not, thanks everyone for their response

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Exactly what I said. Since you'll have to go pick it up, take a close look at everything...even pull the vc and pan if they'll let you. Will it come with a warranty?

·
Banned
91 tempo,88 crx
499 Posts
z6 parts are everywere

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
Just a thought, if you plan to build the Z6 anyway wouldn't it be more cost effective to put the 500$ for a new engine towards parts to build your current one. Hell if you shop around, you can build the Z6 bottom end for the 500$ you'll spend on the second Z6 and then you'd only need to spend another 1500 to put together a turbo kit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts