Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased this kit from hondalx97 when he had his group by a while back... he asked me to post pics when i actually did the retrofit and i agreed, so i figured i would honer that with a D.I.Y....

here is the kit i received, i went with the mini Gatling gun shrouds...
the shrouds are already attached to the projectors, i had a before pic but it may have been deleted...

i used these tools for separating the housings as well as removing the old sealer...

resealed with Ultra Grey...

first step is to pull the head lights off the car... i did not document this part...

once you have the head lights off your ready to get started, i recommend cleaning them up a bit first just so you don't get the inside of the lenses or projector dirty...

i also did not get a pic of using the heat gun but its pretty simple, some people place them in the oven but i prefer the heat gun...

use the high setting on your heat gun and move it around the light were the lens and housing meet, you want to go kinda slow so the heat can soften the sealer... once it's evenly heated you should be able to pull them apart, just wear some gloves...

now do the other side...

make sure you get as much of the old sealer off as you can...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
now you are ready to put the projectors in...
these are the parts you will be using to mount them...
Also, this is the order that you will be installing the parts (left to right)...

first you put the large white rubber seal on the projector...
i guess this would be a good time to tell you that i maybe wrong on the order but, there were no directions so i went with what made sense to me...

next install the projector... if you have high beams put the wires threw first, you will see what i mean in the pics below...

the next thing to install will be the H4 ring, this centers the projector in the housing...

now install the lil white rubber seal...

time for the locking ring...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
now the nut...

there is no need to tighten the shit out of this nut, just simply use your hand and tighten it up nice and snug...

now that the projector is mounted nice and tight it is now time to install the bulb... But first you need to install these lil guys... the bulb holder (ring) comes attached to the projector, you need to remove it before doing the above steps...

once you get the ring on install the bulb then the retainer spring deal...

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
now make sure to clean the inside of the lens as well as the projector as it will impossible to do later... be sure to apply enough sealer to be sure there are no chances of water getting in there...

i'm not sure why the light out put is crocked, cars probably not sitting even on the lot...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Nice write up. I'm doing the same thing. I'm just stuck deciding if I wanna paint the reflector black or leave it.

Your lights aren't straight because you need to widen the 3 mounting spaces for the projector. This will let you " clock " the projector.

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you maybe right on the clocking idea... im not 100% sure there actually crocked tho, im going to check them again tomorrow night... reason i say they may not be crocked is because the light is even/straight, just a lil crocked...

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
The light looks straight because of the cut off in the projector. Try clocking it and see. Also I used to do lights same as you with a heat gun and screw driver. Putting them in the oven is way faster and cleaner.

·
Registered
840 Posts
the oven is the way to go, looks like good work man! if you do need ballasts i have some just pm me you r info sorry i've been MIA having issues with work and my business partner :-( shoot me a line and and thanks for the post, rep for you.

oh yeah also trying turning the projector lens it self sometimes they can be off as well

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
the oven is the way to go, looks like good work man! if you do need ballasts i have some just pm me you r info sorry i've been MIA having issues with work and my business partner :-( shoot me a line and and thanks for the post, rep for you.

oh yeah also trying turning the projector lens it self sometimes they can be off as well
Hey hondalx97 I sent you a pm the other day

·
Registered
94 vx
11 Posts
I have glass lenses will the bulbs work with stock reflector or would it be cheaper to replace with aftermarket lense

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have Spec D with glass lenses, no problems...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts