Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this while doing some research.. this is without the adapter plate.

i am def. adding this to my all motor crx build.

what do u think???

Plenty of people have done the D2B before without an adapter plate, with various small differences in execution.
The D2B is a very important part of this build, so I tried to document how we did it well. We also had several vital components made to help others do this safely and with relative ease.

The following stock B-series parts are used:

shift linkage
rear t-bracket
tranny mount and rear mount
starter
intermediate shaft
axles
clutch

We had Competition Clutch make B-series flywheels that are drilled for D-series cranks. They now have this available as Part no: 2-694D-ST

With this you can use any standard B-series clutch!

I really needed a twin disc for this build though, and once again Competition Clutch came through with a B-series twin disc kit w/the flywheel drilled for a D-series crank as well! This is available as Part no: 4-8026-D

Here's some pics/explanation of how we did it and what it takes to bolt the engine to the tranny. More to come later.

found it on hondaboys.com

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All that info was posted here as well
i searched d2b nothing showed up...

That's funny I should let James know that someone is calling his work there's fail there are 2 threads on the subject both are for the most part the same. James welded I used devcon.
did the devcon work well??? i already have the b16 trans, should i go for it???

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
That's funny I should let James know that someone is calling his work there's fail there are 2 threads on the subject both are for the most part the same. James welded I used devcon.
The thread on hondaboys actually gives James credit, the OP somehow quoted someone on this forum...

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
ive made a lot of passes on my old tranny (cable) and my new tranny (y8 hydro) and never had an issue.

then again there are people who are busting trannys left right and center.

i think a bad driver can break any transmission, it wont matter whats bolted to the block.

but the B series trannys have a lot of options, and a lot of better ratios. its hard to argue with that!!

the only down side to me would be needing to modify the block every time u need to use a different one, and getting bell housings welded if u ever need another one :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts