Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently collecting parts to turbo my UK spec d14a4 prefacelift ej9. I'm using a IHI RHB5 VJ11 turbo. My parts I already have are:

Turbo manifold,
RHB5 VJ11 turbo (internal waste gate, but will be removed),
Custom flange,
Manual Boost Control,
Oil catch can,
550cc Injectors (can't remember brand name),
HKS BOV,
38mm waste gate (5-7psi spring),
P28 Socketed ECU (b18c4 basemap to get me to tuner),
Cheap eBay OBD2A-OBD1 (does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can make sure the cheap harness is wired correctly?),
Boost + Oil Temp gauges,
Toyosports intercooler + piping,
D15 intake manifold +d14 TB,

I know I need a few more parts like:
Walboro fuel pump, (225 maybe?)
Resistor box? (Not sure if its needed)
Oil lines for turbo (the guy who sold me turbo said it's also water cooled, anyone got any links I can read up about how to plumb water feed to turbo?),
Different sparkplugs? Not sure what ones...

I'm new to turboing so would love to be corrected where I am wrong and any links to read would be great full! If I've mn missed anything just ask as I've probably forgot a few things,

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes which means you need to swap you're harness from sfi (simplified fuel injection) to mpfi (multi port fuel injection) which is obd1/obd2

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Not necessarily. My car has/had that harness and it can be modified to work with the obd1 ecu not that difficult. Again the dodoupgrades site explains it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
With the fuel system being a problem, where does it matter, will it not run or just difficult to tune as it's getting tuned by a shop? I'll do some research about the differences and causes now. Cheers guys. What distributor would I need to get, I don't think any D series engines came with an OBD1 ecu????? Thanks!

·
Registered
Civic
682 Posts
Also you can get a much better turbo for the D14 engine for the same amount of money.A stock Subaru wrx turbo TD04H-13T has been used several times before on the D14 and performs great.The RHB5 turbo will run out of breath in high rpm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts