Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a D16A9 and my cylinder sensor is leaking very badly.
I was thinking to change the sensor instead of just changing the seal. However, I tried checking with the shops and the sensor is no longer available to purchase form Honda.

The Honda P/N is 37841-PM7-006 .

Does anyone knows what are the other compatible cylinder sensors available and the part number?

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
you must have typed the number incorrectly. Im not seeing it on a honda OEM parts database Ive searching.

do you actually mean the distributor?

If you mean cylinder position sensor, that doesnt have a seal. the distributor o-ring is a very common leak, and cheap to replace at any local partsstore

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hmm, perhaps you have an external cam sensor.

I will admit I am lacking in dual cam motor help. SOrry

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Matt, the dohc d's (pre obd1)do in fact use an external cps sensor mounted on the exhaust cam.

Op, you should look into seeing if the distibutor o ring seal is the same as the cps seal before spending money on a replacement sensor

Edit, felpro # 72454 the distributor and cps do use the same o ring. Without knowing your exact location, assuming Europe because you stayed d16a9, I'm not sure if felpro is an available product where you live

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
30110-PA1-732 O-RING (26.4X3.1) (TEC)

STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS PC535 is a aftermarket cylinder sensor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you must have typed the number incorrectly. Im not seeing it on a honda OEM parts database Ive searching.

do you actually mean the distributor?

If you mean cylinder position sensor, that doesnt have a seal. the distributor o-ring is a very common leak, and cheap to replace at any local partsstore
mattliston ..

this is the cylinder sensor

pardon the handphone pic

1 - 7 of 7 Posts