Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello;

Alright so by this post I am not bashing or talkin crap on any company.

The problem I have is that when it comes to the cylinder head parts, I don't want to get a bad part to have it mess the rest of my head up.

Unfortunately, when looking for parts (Mostly cams) there is a sales pitch that is claimed and usually a dyno test by the company or by a company it sponsors.

I am familiar with dynos, and I know you can inflate numbers quite a bit, leaving the dyno charts ultimately only as valid as the person in charge of the dyno.

Therefor, if you were selling your product, it would be great if maybe your numbers were a tad bit bigger than the competitors or if you were sponsored by them you would raise the results for a few bucks in your pocket.

The cam in particular I am talking about is the Bisi 3.6 Cam. Now I am definitely not bashing him, but I am slightly suspicious, for what I feel is a valid reason.

How was his cams the top two performers against larger, more experienced companies? (SpeedFactory Test,) And by a large margin? And with the 3.6 Cam, if I don't use the "Bisimoto" springs and retainers, will Supertech's be insufficient? And if there is a failure, is it because i didn't use Bisimoto Springs?

This all brings me to my next point, or how come there is never any spec sheet? Especially for the cam? How do I really know the behaviors of the cam is better than a competitors? And where are the springs coming from? They surely don't have a spring making machine at their garage, which means they are most likely either Supertech or Ferra, which, in turn, brings me back to the above point, wont the 100$ less Supertech springs be a wiser choice, being that they are ultimately the same thing? We know that the valves Bisimoto sells are Supertech by reading a build thread of the Wagovan that states Supertechs were used, but then in the "Store", "Bisimoto Valves" are for sale, which were "The same valves used in the 700WHP Wagovan", So why wouldn't Bisimoto buy springs from Supertech? I sure would.

So the meat and potatoes of all this is me wondering, are their parts really that much better? Price wise. Or is it the hype and monopoly? If the numbers they make really are from Bisimoto exclusive parts then I suppose they have the right to think that their crap don't stink, but if it really is hype, I would like to know. I think it's fair to know what you are buying and I understand "Good isn't cheap and cheap isn't good" but I don't want to be suckered out of my money.

Maybe it is something you forget when you get to the top, that everybody was the little guy at some point and coming up with the money for a part, and paying a premium for it, when it is not the best available, can be frustrating.

Just wanna throw out a thanks to Everyone that helps the honda performance get better. (Including Bisimoto)

·
Registered
'97 crv
1,467 Posts
Search around. There are a lot of bisi haters (me included). He's getting a bad rap around here. Pour quality control and customer assistance...... of late

·
Registered
92 Civic Hatch
1,757 Posts
Dont bother wasting your time researching Bisi products, you wont find anything.

Do yourself a favor and buy from someone who cares about their customers.

/thread

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.