Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive searched, and to no avail, i have to ask for help now! cylinder #2 does not fire. i have checked for spark, which is good, checked timing with light, timing was good, i found out it was #2 by pulling wires out one at a time till i found the one that didnt change the idle. pulled that plug out, and it was clean as hell, and smelled of gasoline. pulled the rest of the plugs, and they were a little carboned, and looked normal. put the plug in the wire, grounded it and started the car, plug was firing. WTF? the car didnt smoke, but the oil smelled faintly of gas. rings bad? thanks in advanced!!!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
It really doesn't sound like bad rings. It would still fire, but it would just burn oil. You could do a compression test to rule out stuck valves, bad rings, or blown head gasket. Since the plug was wet and clean it sounds like an ignition problem. Make sure your plug wire is good. It could be cut or rubbed through and grounding out on something. When you removed the plug and tested it, you would have moved the wire away from its grounding point and then it would fire through the plug. You might want to change the plug just to be safe. Also if the plug isn't firing some of that fuel is going to get past your rings and end up in your oil. It doesn't mean the rings are bad. It's just from being flooded and fuel sitting in the cylinder and leaking through the rings. Make sure you change the oil. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i figured it would still fire even with bad rings, i did also try a different plug,(new) and a plug wire off my civic, (it is my buddy's car i'm working on), so i will try comp. test and leakdown test next. thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts