Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits? Not looking for huge gains on my DD just looking to get 200-250 whp with my stock d16y8. Also thought about the cx manifold with emusa t3/t4 turbo, emusa 38mm wastegate and greedy bov?

·
Registered
Sloppy Jalopy
1,214 Posts
I would skip on the name brand bov and get a name brand Turbo ,even used.

To be honest, I trust my 10 year old 60$ junk yard turbo more than any of that Chinese shit...

Buy it and give us a revue

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits?
The thoughts are universal across the internet. It's cheap. You get what you pay for. Reliability is not it's strong suit. Then you get the onsies and twosies on the internet that hail cheap turbo kits as the best bang for your buck and haven't failed them over the course of xxxx miles. Knock off turbos are cheap for a reason but you can always make them better. If you want a knock off turbo, at least rebuild it with new seals and bearings. Don't buy another knock off rebuild kit either. Find a reputable supplier to get good components. I've done work with G-Pop shop before. Also, get the turbo balanced. This will ensure you don't have a catastrophic failure from a poorly, if at all, balanced turbo; a catastrophic turbo failure could cost you more than a new turbo.

greedy bov?
Lol, greedy bov.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Thoughts on the cxracing turbo kits? Not looking for huge gains on my DD just looking to get 200-250 whp with my stock d16y8.
not looking for huge power gains instead just wanting to test the limit of stock rods? On your DD no less:no:, lol

nooblet read on this site for a year, then start asking questions...

after researching builds you will then find that the average Joe can still have problems with 10x your budget.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You get what you pay for.
Yeah that is very true. I also had the go auto works kit in mind with the turbonetics super 60 .63 a/r or either the turbonetics t3/t04b .63 a/r kit. I've heard nothing but good reviews on those kits. They are a little out of my price range but it might be the best way to go.

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
Make sure you budget for another engine. Buy it now, and either start building it or keep it stock so you can replace the one IN YOUR DD (you know, the thing that gets you to your livelihood every day) and then build the original engine after you swap it in.

I deal with this everyday and I'm still bewildered by it. Guys wanting 500+whp Subarus as their DDs and have no back up car when (not if) their modded DD goes down.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
If you can weld and fabricate then get a ebay kit and replace parts as they break, but your basically going to spend more then a goautoworks kit if you end up replacing a bunch of stuff. Also if you can't afford a proper turbo kit what makes you think you can afford a used motor when you blow yours up, just save up for a good kit then don't push past the limits of the stock rods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts