Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site and notvery good with the whole search thing. I am looking for someone that knows how to wire a d16z6 engine into a cx hatch. I have a rough idea on what needs tobe wired im just not sure what diff. routesI am able to take. Also I do have the EX that the d16z6 came out of, and it does have the harness still intact. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly apreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
if you have the ex harness, your good to go. If you use your cx harness, you need to run 2 wires from the vtec solenoid to the ecu, and a ground from the vtec solenoid to the tranny.

·
Registered
605 Posts
if you have a 92 cx its already prewired for vtec, otherwise you need to run the wires and dont forget you have to install a new o2 sensor and wire up the heater circuit cause the cx is a 1 wire o2, all others have a 4 wire

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
07' Odyssey 07'Magnum
5,973 Posts
you could always use a o2 simulator as well... $0.02

·
Registered
138 Posts
the only cx that came prewired for vtec was the 92 and other year you have to wire up vtec. Its not hard i just put a d15b in my car and it was cake.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for the help, does anyone have any pics or even just a little more detail about what excatly I have to wire. I would like to just wire the vtec rather than swapping the harness but if anyone could tell me which way would be easiest I could be on may way. Thanks again for all the help this is a great thing you guys have here.

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you have the engine out of the car it would be easier to keep the engine harness on the d16z6 and it just becomes a plug and play ordeal. What year is your CX?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts